What's new

General cigar co. Acquiring toraño family cigars

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
For those wondering about Sam Leccia... he just posted the following:

Just wanted to pass along that I have been preparing for the sale of the Torano brands for some time (my distributor), and I have been working on various ways to continue moving my brands forward. I am very excited about my options and the challenges ahead. I will be making a decision soon and will certainly keep you all posted.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the news seems to have stirred a lot of residual ill will against General.
It's not as if Padron wasn't willing to do this deal...takes at least two to tango.
As to General "ruining" the brand, I can think of several instances of independent
makers commiting suicide by screwing with succesful brands without any help or
encouragement from General or anyone else.
IMO, as long as the "decline" of cigar smoking continues (obviously I believe there
is, in fact, a steady, if slow decline... YMMV) further consolidation of the industry also
seems inevitable, no?
Still, it does sadden me that the family will no longer be intimately involved with the
brand but maybe something new and exciting will spring from one or more of the
Torano "heirs."

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Just wanted to pass along that I have been preparing for the sale of the Torano brands for some time (my distributor), and I have been working on various ways to continue moving my brands forward. I am very excited about my options and the challenges ahead. I will be making a decision soon and will certainly keep you all posted.
Very glad to hear Sam say he will be moving forward. I wish the best for the reps that were let go. Truly the face of the company.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

This is exciting. I'm glad he's moving forward without ties to GC.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good to hear about Carillo. Hopefully Oliva will escape their clutches, too....

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0