What's new

Getting into Tea

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
@ChefBoyRG54 You sent a couple you said to keep in the freezer, so actually the whole lot has been in there. Hope I didn't screw anything up!
Mama's just about ready to get back on the caffeine, so I'm looking forward to ripping in to that with her.
I doubt it will have any negative effect

Tea doesn't seem very sensitive since its already dried

The green tea I sent had moisture so maybe that's why I was told to freeze

I think a sealed container or bag is sufficient imo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to drink more tea and less coffee, looking for some suggestions on tea. There is a food CoOp next to my office so i spluged and bought a $2.00 tea ball and some bulk tea:happy:. I'm drinking a mint green right now but not getting a whole lot of mint out of it. I like bold flavors, any suggestions would be great.
For mint scented green tea, try to get some dried mint, and some non-scented green tea.

If you're using a teapot, then pour hot water over the green tea, pour it away after 15 seconds, pour hot water again and add a hadful of the dried mint.

After about 3 minutes, take out the tea ball with the green tea, but don't worry about the mint.

If you do it in a mug, do the same, just be prepared to spit out the mint every now and then ;)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@davewittwer , how is your tea game now? I was looking at getting into the fancy pants tea game :p
I haven't really progressed much. I still buy from the CoOp next to my office. Mainly bagged but do some leaf stuff as well. I have an electric kettle and a teapot at my desk. Still down to 1 cup of coffee most days.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
@davewittwer , how is your tea game now? I was looking at getting into the fancy pants tea game :p
Ive gotten pleasantly lazy

Nonetheless, this is a great offering
I haven't really progressed much. I still buy from the CoOp next to my office. Mainly bagged but do some leaf stuff as well. I have an electric kettle and a teapot at my desk. Still down to 1 cup of coffee most days.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Look at a company called stash tea. Freaking good stuff! Probably the best and affordable brand I've found. They have amazing loose and herbal teas. I really like their super Irish breakfeast, gyokuro asahi pearl dew and their red rooibos. Ive tried MANY brands. If you want better you're going to be spending 40$+ an ounce. 20170503_184129.jpg 20170503_184117.jpg

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A little Dong Ding oolong this afternoon. All creamy with lots of baking spices and hints of stone fruit. Fantastic fragrance. Brewed using Gaiwan. Initial infusion 25 seconds followed by 5 seconds added for subsequent infusions. 7 infusions total.
IMG_6518.jpg

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@Patrickh44231 A gaiwan is a little porcelain brewing vessel. This one is about 120 ml. Roughly 5 grams of tea are added to the gaiwan. Filled with hot water and infused for the desired time. The same tea is used for other infusions. How many infusions one gets is highly dependent on the tea of course. I have gotten as many as 12 from some aged shengs.
IMG_6520.jpg IMG_6521.jpg