What's new

God bless you Whitney

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There will always be a debate about how has the most outstanding male voice that ever lived, but there will no argument about the greatest female voice. Whitney may you find the love and warmth you desired and deserved in the arms of God.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Sorry she's gone but hopefully her passing will be an example to others of how drugs can take everything away from a person, including their lives.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There will always be a debate about how has the most outstanding male voice that ever lived, but there will no argument about the greatest female voice. Whitney may you find the love and warmth you desired and deserved in the arms of God.

Well said.

Rest in peace, Whitney....
And thank you so much for enriching all of our lives.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tragic end to an otherwise gifted woman. The spotlight dims on those who find it hard to live under them...not sure many of us could survive that kind of life where you are constantly under scrutiny every day of your life and being talked about. Keep the fame and fortune as I'd rather live a life of anonymity.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As I posted about this on Facebook, the way the media handles this is making it into a joke. They were calling it "a tragedy", which I disagree. It's unfortunate any time someone passes at an early age, but a drug addict dying isn't what I would consider a "tragedy". To me a tragedy is a young soldier dying for his country, their names will remain unheard. Also what got me was "we lost one of our great national treasures". Which just kills me that we consider a pop singer from decades ago a "national treasure". Are we really that vain that we consider a person with a pretty voice as a "national treasure"? And last, but not least, "a shocking death". Are you really shocked that someone with over a decade long history of abusing drugs passes away?

And I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, that is not my intentions. I know Ms. Houston had her problems, she is only human. But the way the media is desperately milking this womans death for all it is worth, I can't help but feel like our society is going down the toilet.

That being said, it's unfortunate she had to pass away. Rest in peace...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As I posted about this on Facebook, the way the media handles this is making it into a joke. They were calling it "a tragedy", which I disagree. It's unfortunate any time someone passes at an early age, but a drug addict dying isn't what I would consider a "tragedy". To me a tragedy is a young soldier dying for his country, their names will remain unheard. Also what got me was "we lost one of our great national treasures". Which just kills me that we consider a pop singer from decades ago a "national treasure". Are we really that vain that we consider a person with a pretty voice as a "national treasure"? And last, but not least, "a shocking death". Are you really shocked that someone with over a decade long history of abusing drugs passes away?

And I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, that is not my intentions. I know Ms. Houston had her problems, she is only human. But the way the media is desperately milking this womans death for all it is worth, I can't help but feel like our society is going down the toilet.

Agreed 100%

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
in a world that thinks paris hilton and kim kardashian have some sort of talent that makes them famous, the media knows how to feed the masses what they want.........

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Its a shame that someone with so much talent and a gift, allowed herself to self destruct and end her life selfishly. The real tragedy is that her kids are so screwed up by how she acted, as well as how she and her ex acted. I don't feel sorry for her, but her kids get my sympathy. What a waste!

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Its a shame that someone with so much talent and a gift, allowed herself to self destruct and end her life selfishly. The real tragedy is that her kids are so screwed up by how she acted, as well as how she and her ex acted. I don't feel sorry for her, but her kids get my sympathy. What a waste!
What he said!

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

:thumbsup: