What's new

Going to be a father!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well, the title says most of it, but here's the shocker:

Yup, there are two babies there. (I've named them "Otter" and "Mountain Goat". ) My wife's about 8 weeks along, so it's still early, but we've already heard two strong heartbeats. We decided to start trying to conceive around the end of march, and we had a positive test result in a matter of weeks.

We had planned on having two children, but not at once! :bigeyes: I'm completely ecstatic, though my wife (the practical one) is still in a bit of shock. These will be the first grandchildren on both sides of the family, so our parents are thrilled.

But now to the important question: what kind of cigars should I hand out when they're born? :grin:

Attachments

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
That is great news Asher. My wife and I had our 2 kids 11 months apart and would have traded for twins any day. I figure you just got twice the blessing. God Bless. Take care of that lady, or she'll go nuts on you. did I just say that outloud?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
As far as cigars, you should send me a couple of Opus X and then pass out what ever you want to the rest of the guys.

I think you should get something decent but affordable. Most of the smokes you hand out at work or anywhere else for that matter, will not get smoked by someone who truly enjoys cigars or knows the difference, if they get smoked at all. Of course have the good stuff on hand for those who do love cigars might be a good idea as well.

I have also liked the idea of buying a box of smokes to age. You smoke one every year on thier birthday, until they turn 18, then share the last 3 smokes with them. Of course a box of 25 from the forbidden island would leave you a few extra.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
congratulations!! way too cool!!

otter and mountain goat, eh? you a funny father!!

i'd go with a box of ashton vsg's!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Congrats Asher. i'm sure you'll make a fine father, expecially if anyone does them any wrong doing you'll go chasing them down like a hollywood movie scene...remember the after-fire-burglar story?!?!

And like dave said, take care of the wife...or else...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That's awesome news Asher! Congratulations.. I think you should go with the Monte #2 its a classic that will age extremely well and when you finally share it with your sons/daughters it will be sublime.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Congrats on the future additions.

I like Dave's idea on buying a box and having one every year. You can defiantly justify buying some great smokes with that one.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
But now to the important question: what kind of cigars should I hand out when they're born? :grin:
Opus for those members who live in the same site as you as of the date of your original post, for the others, and nice selection of CI Legends will do.

Oh, congratulations on the babies! Twins, as Dave said, you're blessed and so are your soon to be children. Give your wife a big hug for me, hang in there with her through all her tough times, it WILL be way worth it in the end. Again, congratulations, I'm happy for you all.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I have several friends who buy cabs of CC's that are stamped the same month and year as when the children are born. Have one each year near their birthdate, of course you can tell how their progressing then, then on their 18th or 21st, share one with each of them. Then save the rest for special occasions, like their weddings or births of their children.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That is great news man. Hope everything goes well. I will go ahead and place my order for an Opus now. LOL

Congrats!! Ready for your life to change.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Congrats and welcome to the club. It is an awesome ride. For cigars get a box of macanudos gold for the non-smokers and something special for those who enjoy a real cigar. Your non-smokers will be impressed and wont die if they smoke it. The real smokers, well we know what is good.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
For cigars get a box of macanudos gold for the non-smokers and something special for those who enjoy a real cigar. Your non-smokers will be impressed and wont die if they smoke it. The real smokers, well we know what is good.
good thoughts Chuck Macanudo is like Mercedes. Not a ferrari, but everyone recognizes the name and knows it's a good car. Also won't do 200 MPH so no one dies when they drive it.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Congratulations Asher! Children are a blessing. My daughter is 11 and a ballerina (Dancing since she was 2), my son is 6 currently a Star Wars fanatic and I am crazy about both of them. May I suggest getting as much sleep as you can over the next 7-8 months. Be prepared to have jet lag for about the first month after they are born.

As far as the cigars go, Cohiba Robustos are always nice....

Last edited: