What's new

Going to be a father!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats on the twins Asher! I also like the idea of aging a good box and smoking one every year on their birthday. I have two girls, ended up smoking one when each was born and giving the rest out except for one each which I will smoke at their weddings.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats to you and your wife! You're life's gonna change a lot, but it's well worth it. My son's been lots of fun although the pre-teen years have been interesting. (How my parents survived it I'll never know.)

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Wellllllllllllllllll. Welcome to the other hood. Parenthood.

I can let you know. Twins will be fun. I have two girls that are 51 weeks apart. Almost twins. The BIL (Joegar) has twin girls. Feel free to ask questions when they turn about 10.

My greatest congrats. Make all the memories you can while their young. They are the best of times.

God Bless from my family to yours.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I agree on the idea of aging the box. I bought a box of Tat Noellas before my son was born last year. Smoked one on his birth and will smoke one on each of his birthday's until he is 17. That takes care of 18 cigars. On his 18th birthday, I will smoke one with him. Now you have burned 20. If he/she likes them, you present them with an 18 year old fiver as a birthday gift along with a humidor.

The upside is if they puke, you are stuck with an 18 year old fiver. :grin:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!!!!!

Been there done that, Been there done that, Been there done that, Been there done that, oops one more on the way ( now how did that happen?)

Congrats again, now you know what being nice gets you!

Jed

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Congrats buddy!

As far as cigars go, I think you'll make the right choice regardless. That's one of those times where the moment is going to make the cigar 10 times better than it really is.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, the title says most of it, but here's the shocker:

Yup, there are two babies there. (I've named them "Otter" and "Mountain Goat". ) My wife's about 8 weeks along, so it's still early, but we've already heard two strong heartbeats. We decided to start trying to conceive around the end of march, and we had a positive test result in a matter of weeks.

We had planned on having two children, but not at once! :bigeyes: I'm completely ecstatic, though my wife (the practical one) is still in a bit of shock. These will be the first grandchildren on both sides of the family, so our parents are thrilled.

But now to the important question: what kind of cigars should I hand out when they're born? :grin:
Congratulations man!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wow! Congrats!

I agree with what folks have said about the cigars -- both the aging box idea and having Macanudos or something for most folks and some more serious cigars for those who will appreciate them.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
otter and mountain goat? Dude, you're a little twisted!
Ok, I wasn't gonna go there-were these little ones concieved on a hiking trip or what?:applause:

Guess it's better than "manatee and porpoise":halfgrinw :bigeyes: