What's new

Golf is therapeutic!!!!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dude, so I had a sh!tty afternoon yesterday. I mean really bad. I just couldn’t get over a couple of things that happened. So the wife told me to go to the driving range and take some alone time to sort things out. I guess smashing golf balls can help relive a little stress as well. So I warmed up with a mid iron and was doing well. 5 iron going about 160 yrs. I got out my new driver thinking this was where my game suffers most. And I mean really suffers, to the point where I would rather hit a 3 iron than even try my driver. I have a Cleveland Hibore XLS driver, with a very odd head shape. This driver is big and caught the group next to me attention. So now these guys are all watching me, and putting a bit of pressure on. I step up to the ball and think to myself that the ball looks to be a bit too far back in my stance. But just wanting to get the first swing out of the way I did not make any adjustment. So trying to remember all the little things I’m supposed to do, but most of all let the club do the work, I started by backswing. Smooth and easy, I transferred weight to my front foot, and came around with the shoulders. BLAM!!!! Yeah it makes a hella loud noise when it makes contact. Like an aluminum baseball bat at the batting cages. The ball took off dead center, and flew maybe 220. The next 75 balls followed suit, impressing my spectators accordingly. Turns out a big issue with my driver is the tees I use on the course are too short, and I’ve been placing the ball too far forward in my stance. So next time I play with the guys, they are going to see a new man on the Tee box, full of confidence and crushing it down the middle. Thought I would share. Between hitting 150 balls, a 24 oz can of 8.5%lager, and a 9 year old Graycliff Lancero, I was able to calm down and go to bed.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
stories like this make me want this damn snow to MELT already (even more than i do for cigar smoking purposes). excellent job dave! glad you calmed down.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
good story dave

something about smashing the shit out of a little orb, is just good for the soul

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IwxgfDhUa8[/YOUTUBE]

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Dave, even a bad day/round of golf is better than no golf at all. Enjoy the fresh air, scenery (of course you were at a range), the walk...man I love to golf.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Glad to hear the new clubs are coming through for you D. Golf is great like that, unless you start hot and fall apart on the back nine:rolling:

I am hoping today brings me some therapy on the course as I tee of at my favorite course locally in about an hour and a half. Playing with the boss today and he never talks shop on the course, which is great so we can both get out and enjoy it!

Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Dave, even a bad day/round of golf is better than no golf at all. Enjoy the fresh air, scenery (of course you were at a range), the walk...man I love to golf.
Yes sir..couldn't agree more! In fact, some would say I love it a little TOO much...none of those people like to golf though, so their opinion doesn't count! Heh heh...

greg

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I golfed last THUR, beautiful day at around 74 degrees... well it snowed the past two days.

Ohio annoys the *bleep* out of me sometimes.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I played yesterday in 40+mph winds although I played like shi* it was better than working. Hit two of my best drives ever, 585 yard par five I'm playing my second shot from just inside 200 (my only birdie). The next hole is 412 yard par 4, I bombed this drive also, hit my second shot from just inside 200 yards. I hit hybrid on that one, 7 iron on the par 5, guess which one was with the wind:innocent:

I really want to eagle the par five as the prevailing wind is usually in your face.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I played yesterday in 40+mph winds although I played like shi* it was better than working. Hit two of my best drives ever, 585 yard par five I'm playing my second shot from just inside 200 (my only birdie). The next hole is 412 yard par 4, I bombed this drive also, hit my second shot from just inside 200 yards. I hit hybrid on that one, 7 iron on the par 5, guess which one was with the wind:innocent:

I really want to eagle the par five as the prevailing wind is usually in your face.
A 385+ yard drive??????

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dude, so I had a sh!tty afternoon yesterday. I mean really bad. I just couldn’t get over a couple of things that happened. So the wife told me to go to the driving range and take some alone time to sort things out. I guess smashing golf balls can help relive a little stress as well. So I warmed up with a mid iron and was doing well. 5 iron going about 160 yrs. I got out my new driver thinking this was where my game suffers most. And I mean really suffers, to the point where I would rather hit a 3 iron than even try my driver. I have a Cleveland Hibore XLS driver, with a very odd head shape. This driver is big and caught the group next to me attention. So now these guys are all watching me, and putting a bit of pressure on. I step up to the ball and think to myself that the ball looks to be a bit too far back in my stance. But just wanting to get the first swing out of the way I did not make any adjustment. So trying to remember all the little things I’m supposed to do, but most of all let the club do the work, I started by backswing. Smooth and easy, I transferred weight to my front foot, and came around with the shoulders. BLAM!!!! Yeah it makes a hella loud noise when it makes contact. Like an aluminum baseball bat at the batting cages. The ball took off dead center, and flew maybe 220. The next 75 balls followed suit, impressing my spectators accordingly. Turns out a big issue with my driver is the tees I use on the course are too short, and I’ve been placing the ball too far forward in my stance. So next time I play with the guys, they are going to see a new man on the Tee box, full of confidence and crushing it down the middle. Thought I would share. Between hitting 150 balls, a 24 oz can of 8.5%lager, and a 9 year old Graycliff Lancero, I was able to calm down and go to bed.
Yeah...short tees...way too far up in your stance...I can imagine you were topping alot of balls. It would be nearly impossible to hit the sweet spot of your driver.

I don't play alot anymore but I was a decent golfer when I did. I use a Calloway...9 degree driver. And I get the longest tees I can find. Did people look at me strange when I tee the ball up 3 inches? lol...yeah but it worked for me.

I miss it...have had some back issues but would really like to back into it this summer.