What's new

Golfers

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
With the warm weather hopefully just around the corner, I was just wondering how many golfers we have out there. Thought it would be a cool idea to have a sort of golfer profile on here. Plus, you never know when on your travels you will need someone to enjoy a round with. So here's mine:

Home course: Lafayette Club, Minnetonka Beach Minnesota
Handicap: 10.7 (carried over from last year… usually start the summer around 12)
Hand: Right
Shot Shape: Fade (I have the Tiger Woods fear of duck hooks so I refuse to try and work a draw LOL)
Clubs: TaylorMade R1 driver, TM Rocketballz 3 wood, Titleist AP2 3-PW, TM ATV wedges, TM spider putter
Ball: Titleist ProVX
Favorite on course smoke: Fuente Curly Heads… a tasty smoke that at 4/each I don't feel bad if it goes out once or twice while playing
Favorite course ever played: Plantation Course, Maui Hawaii
Hardest Course ever played: Troon North, AZ (I HATTTEEE desert courses… and snakes!!)
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): None yet
Dream foursome- Blake Shelton, Tiger Woods and Wayne Gretzky
2014 goal- down to 7 handicap and avg of 27 putts of less (gonna be tough)

I think that about covers it all. If you have anything to add feel free. Who knows, maybe one day we can organize a BOTL Charity golf tourney.
All the best and hit em long and straight.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, seems to be right up my fairway...
Home course: Ballyowen G.C. Hamburg NJ
Handicap: 1.6 (also carried over from last year)
Hand: I'm lefty but I play golf right handed
Shot shape: natural shot is a five yard draw but I can work the ball
Clubs: Titleist 913 D2 driver, Tour exotics 3 metal, Adams super hybrid 19 degree, Titleist 712 AP irons, Titleist Vokey SM4 wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter customized by the Scotty custom shop
Ball: Titleist ProV1
Favorite course ever played: TPC Sawgrass (from the tips) shot a 79 & an 82.
I've never had a hole in one.
Oooooooooohh, and I smoke my normal sticks on the course.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
^ cool thread...I love ballyowen- amazing place...

Home course- eagle ridge golf club in Lakewood nj.

Handicap- 17
Clubs- old ping i3's that I love. Old Adams driver that I need to replace big time. Callaway 3wood. Scotty Cameron bulls eye putter.

Had my first hole in one last time out in October at fiddlers elbow. I've played Westchester, winged foot, and Bethpage black in the last two years...amazing opportunities. I smoke my usual cigars on the course- Qdo imperiales, sir Winnie's, H Upmann no.2's etc.

I can't wait to get out there this year! Jonesing!

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Home course: Don't have one
Handicap: 9
Clubs: Titleist 909D2, Titleist 735 CM Irons, Scotty Cameron Newport Putter, Titleist Oil Can Wedges, Titleist 904F 3 Wood, Titleist 858 3 Iron Hybrid
Ball: Taylor Made Penta TP
Favorite on course smoke: Whatever I feel like smoking that day.
Favorite course ever played: En-Joie Golf Course
Hole-In-One: Never had one

Can't wait for the weather to break so I can get out and start playing.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Home course: Hidden Creek Golf Club....Sellersburg, IN
Handicap: Don't know...used to shoot low 80s, now lucky to play twice a year and just happy to be there really.
Clubs: TaylorMade Irons, Callaway Driver
Ball: The cheap ones
Favorite on course smoke: MUWAT+11
Favorite course ever played: Never played any real nice ones, so probably Sultan's Run in Jasper, IN
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): Tanglewood Golf Course, Taylorsville, KY. number 18 a 290 yard uphill par 4, Driver

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): Tanglewood Golf Course, Taylorsville, KY. number 18 a 290 yard uphill par 4, Driver

^^^^^
Thats the way to do it right there!! Were you looking for your ball everywhere thinking you lost it?
Yes because it was a slightly blind shot to the green, small dogleg right made it hard to see but I knew I was right around the green. Probably walked around for 5 mins before I looked in the hole.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I used to play quite a bit but the last 2-3 years I have really not played as much. I think I played 3 rounds last year. Still love the game, just need to find more time to play.

Home course: None

Handicap: I was right around 10 when I kept one several years back, probably more like an 18+ now.

Shot shape: Draw/hook

Clubs: Nike STR8-Fit driver, Nickent 3 Wood, TaylorMade R9 TP irons, Nickent wedges 52, 56, 60, old school Diawa putter

Ball: Nike One Black. They even make that one any more? LOL.

Favorite on course smoke: Years ago it was any cheap Connecticut Churchill, with not playing much now, I usually dig deep and pick a good one to enjoy.

Favorite course ever played: Castle Rock Golf Course in Pembroke VA. I used to spend a lot of time at VA Tech and it was just a fun course with amazing views. Have a lot of great memories playing with friends there.

Hardest course every played: Royal New Kent. Blind shots, forced carries, tight/fast greens... Just wore me out physically and mentally.

Hole in one: 2001, The Hamptons Links Course, 8th hole, 155 yards, 8 iron

Dream foursome: Me, my dad, Jack, Tiger

2014 goals: a minimum of 10 rounds

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Edited my original post with the new categories

It's the RZN ball now. This thread gives me some good ideas for ammo.
Not gonna lie… that was my alternative motive for starting it hahahah

BTW…. Post your profile up if your not too scared!!! :hammersma

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
On the golf note, my son is almost 7 and starting to play a little. There is nothing cooler than taking your son golfing with you. I don't even care what I shoot, watching him hit the ball around is enough for me. He loves it and I just love being there to share it with him.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I had a job as a caddy at 14-15 years old. Never got into actually playing though. Rather drive a golf cart for the group around and smoke a couple of cigars.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I play but never keep score. I'm not good enough haha. It's more about being outside and playing a course I like the looks of. If I ever get a hole in one that will be the last round played. I just happen to work at a ski shop that sells golf in the summer so a few golf bombs have and will get passed around.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Home course: Braemar public country club
Handicap: 11.7 (gained a few last year)
Shot Shape: Whatever I want but naturally fade
Clubs: ping g20 woods, mizuno mp 59 blades, vokey wedges and Scotty putter
Ball: Titleist ProV1 - caught a bargain on Black Hex and still using the 6 dozen I bought
Favorite on course smoke: I usually smoke stuff from humidor that I don't mind the wind wrecking, so the junk unless the track is special
Favorite course ever played: Lots of them
Hardest Course ever played: Lots have got me from lack of knowledge of the course
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): Bent Creek hole #2
Dream foursome- Ernie Els, Fred Couples, myself and the Bear - no kids
2014 goal- not give up halfway through the season and divert my interest to hunting, practice more

I never have enough time to give this sport a fair shake, usually hit 40 rounds a year, last year with the rainy spring weather it was much less

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Home course: Wardsville Golf Club, Wardsville Ontario
Handicap: I never keep score, but probably would be a 15 or so?
Shot Shape: Fade
Clubs: TaylorMade R11s driver/3w, TM Rescue, Callaway x18 Irons, Callaway Wedges, Scotty California Fastback putter
Ball: Hendy's Hand Me Downs
Favorite on course smoke: Typically anything robusto size so I can smoke 1 per 9 holes
Favorite course ever played: Glen Abbey, Oakville Ontario
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): None yet
2014 goal- Just to play a ton, every chance I get.

Looking very forward to golf this season...Come onnnnnnnnnn spring weather.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Home course: None right now, used to be Marietta Country Club when I lived in Kennesaw
Handicap: Haven't played enough the past two years for a real one
Shot Shape: Draw (Sometimes a little to much but it's consistent)
Clubs: Driver Ping G20, Irons Mizuno MP 57's, Vokey Wedges, Putter Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2 I think? It's an older one with the dots
Ball: Whatever I grab but I like Pro-V1's
Favorite on course smoke: anything good
Favorite course ever played: Atlanta National
Hardest Course: Sharks Tooth
I had a hole in one when I was 12 or so at a course in Destin (I forgot the name) but I know it was a 7 iron and a par 3
2014 goal - Play more than 3 times lol...

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Home Course: Cary Country Club - Cary, IL
Handicap: Don't know, I shoot in the low 90s usually
Shot Shape: Fade/Slice
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrids: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400
Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*
Ball: Bridgestone E6
Favorite On Course Smoke: Nothing too good. I'm constantly having to relight
Favorite Course: Wild Rock Golf Club - Wisconsin Dells, WI
Hole In One: None, but my closest to it was on a downhill Par 4 - ended up 2 feet short.
2014 Goal: Shoot consistently in the upper 80s & driving range time 1/week
Dream Fouresome: Me, my grandfather, Tiger, JFK

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Home Course: Torrey Pines in Sand Diego.....county or city residents pay $40 per round.
Handicap: Whatever club is in my hand but usually play to a 14 handicap at my age of 59. I use to play to a 5 handicap but not right before a tournament...can anybody spell "Sandbag"?
Hand: Right ( I actually play aerosol golf....I tend to spray my shots everywhere )
Shot Shape: Slight fade to a full blown slice...have scared the crap out of some people when I can tee off 90 degrees from the tea block and then slice it right into the middle of the fairway....circus shot for sure.
Clubs: Two sets...Ben Hogan and Wilson Staff....Scotty Cameron/Titleist Putters
Ball: Titleist and Rock Flight and sometimes will use Rainbow Balls in case I play with another Sandbagger.
Favorite on course smoke: Any Churchill or stinkiest cigar made to make everybody in the foursome uncomfortable
Favorite course ever played: Many....most in AZ...The Boulders, Troon North, TPC Courses, both, Maui, Pebble,
Hardest Course ever played: Pebble on a windy day ( there goes another ball...and another...damn it..another one? )
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): None...youi'd think after 50 years I'd get one but came close by an inch on a par 3.
Dream foursome- Charles Barkley ( that swing would make me laugh so hard ) David Feherty and Ray Romano
2014 goal- Just to start playing again...seems I can play 2 times a year and still shoot 85.

Last edited: