What's new

Golfers

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just started playing a few weeks ago. I've only played a few rounds so far and I've never kept score yet as I was more worried about just getting the ball in the hole. I'm playing a round today and plan to keep score for the first time just to see where I'm at.

Currently playing with a cheap $200 set of Orlimar clubs.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I just started playing a few weeks ago. I've only played a few rounds so far and I've never kept score yet as I was more worried about just getting the ball in the hole. I'm playing a round today and plan to keep score for the first time just to see where I'm at.

Currently playing with a cheap $200 set of Orlimar clubs.
Same here brother, first time golfer about a month and a half ago. Dscl has graciously taken me under his wing and we've played weekly so far. LOVE this game, can't get enough! Currently hitting with an Adams Idea a12 OS set, sufficient for my skill level. Another "love" that's gonna kill my wallet, yikes...

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Home course: Belmont Country Club - Fresno, CA
Handicap: 11.7 and sadly trending up
Hand: Right
Shot Shape: Duck hook
Clubs: Wilson Ci7's, Hand-me-down Taylormade driver, 4 wood, and Adams 3 hybrid. Titleist 56 and 60 degree wedges and a Ping putter.
Ball: Penta - unless there is OB or water on the hole, then it's one of the range balls I found
Favorite on course smoke: Whatever sounds good that day
Favorite course ever played: Torrey Pines
Hardest Course ever played: La Purisma in a 30 mph wind
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): None yet dammit!
Dream foursome- my dad, buddy Matt, and Jack.
2014 goal- down to single digits

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Home course: Lakes of Taylor
Handicap: hitting the ball
Hand: Right
Shot Shape: "Right turn Clyde"
Clubs: Krank El Diablo 7.5 driver and 3 wood, Big Bertha 3-PW (not all in the bag), Cleveland SW and Niblick 37, Tad Moore S7 Proto putter
Ball: Any ladies...course poachers avoid these
Favorite on course smoke: CroMag Knuckle Dragger
Favorite on course drink: Jack & Coke
Favorite course ever played: Garland Monarch (Lewiston, MI)
Hardest Course ever played: Indianwood CC
Hole in one (course, hole, yardage, club): Nope
Dream foursome - me, Alice Cooper, Charles Barkley, and Lee Trevino
2014 goal - getting my 5yr old boy involved

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Played my first "scored" round of golf today...Yikes! Shot a 121.
Played "well" overall, with some periods of complete frustration mixed in. I did get my first par today though (Par 3, 173 yds over water...beautiful tee shot, 10 feet from the cup...should have been a birdie).
I was playing a lot of 2 over golf today, but had several disastrous holes that drove my score up. If I could lock my driver down, I think I'd be alright. I hit my irons pretty well, but my driver is a disaster...we need to spend some quality time together.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Played "well" overall, with some periods of complete frustration mixed in. I did get my first par today though (Par 3, 173 yds over water...beautiful tee shot, 10 feet from the cup...should have been a birdie).
I was playing a lot of 2 over golf today, but had several disastrous holes that drove my score up. If I could lock my driver down, I think I'd be alright. I hit my irons pretty well, but my driver is a disaster...we need to spend some quality time together.
welcome to the madness :)

figure out driver, then forget irons. Have a great day with irons and driver then can't putt. it's sooo much fun lol

I love it

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
welcome to the madness :)

figure out driver, then forget irons. Have a great day with irons and driver then can't putt. it's sooo much fun lol

I love it
Exactly this👆. Played yesterday after a great day on the driving range the day before. It's like I forgot how to swing! Hate this damn game....think I'll go play tomorrow :)