What's new

Good Cuban Maduros???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the all feedback guys...great info. Its a shame that its only the one maduro cc but you guys have given me great sticks to research for when I buy my first box. Im definitely going to check the habanos review to see what the brothers think of some of the cc's.

I typically like the maduro flavors like the cocoa, coffee, bittersweet chocolate etc. Some of my favorite sticks are the Ligas Privada line (t52, No. 9, Undercrown), Serie R maduro, La Dueña, CAO La Traviata Maduro, CAO Brazilia, camacho triple maduro and many others. I do however smoke non maduros as well. The ones I like are the ashton vsg, brickhouse, art deco, avo heritage, casa magna colorado, CAO la traviata, Cuenca Y Blanco, serie V melanio, zino platinum z class. I like to try different cigars because I never know what I might find that I will really like. Maduros are just what I consistently like and tend to go towards.
Cubans really don't have cigars that showcase the heavy cocoa profiles most of the best Nicaraguans have. The Cohiba Maduro is the exception, but while tasty, it's not even as good as a good NC maduro (IMHO).

But Cubans do have something equally enchanting about them - call it honey and graham cracker, call it "twang"... it's almost unquantifiable, but it's there without question.

It sounds like you like bolder stuff. Based on that, the Bolivar Belicosos Finos is going to be right up your alley. Partegas Shorts, D4, and P2 are all good bold choices, and I like the Boli RC as well. Monte 2s are a touch milder, but one of my favorite sticks of all time. Cohiba Robustos, and Siglo IV and VI would also be stronger choices. After you've tried those, I'd bet dollars to donuts you'll have a strong appreciation for the Cuban profile, and you can start exploring other marcas and vitolas.
Thanks for the info sir! I am really clueless when it comes to cc's. I wish I had the option to just sample different brands like I do with non cubans. You have been the second person to suggest the Bolivar Belicosos Finos and that seems like the route Im going to take for my first box. I do enjoy full flavor/full bodied smokes however im not a fan of overly strong stick such as the 601 La Bomba. That shit almost had me out for the count! haha.

I see that a lot of the brothers use a ton of acronyms. Some of which I feel pertain strictly to cc's <---there's one. I wish there was an index with all these terms...like what is IMHO?

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
IMHO = in my honest opinion.

Even the strongest CC's like the BBF are smooth compared to NC's. Everytime I have a NC now feels like I get kicked in the face.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
No such thing as a good Cuban maduro. Haha! Can't wait to get crap for that... but maduros is the one thing I still consistently look outside the island for...
Jim is right!

The Cohiba maduros are amongst the worst crap cuba produces and there is a reason they get talked down amongst Cohiba lovers and most CC smokers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now. Come on. Maduro 5s may not be as great cigars as one would expect Cohibas to be, but that doesn't make them crap.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well now. Come on. Maduro 5s may not be as great cigars as one would expect Cohibas to be, but that doesn't make them crap.
I've never had a c.c. but I would imagine that they are pretty decent maduros. I could be wrong, it is what it is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I preffer a maduro myself and have tried the Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios, it was good not great, but for the money I'd be better off w/ a NC maduro.

That being said I do like to treat myself w/ a Cohiba Maduro 5 on special occasions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the cohiba maduro and enjoyed them. Might I suggest the monte grand reserve as a Cuban alternate? I find these rich and flavorful like a maduro.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had the cohiba maduro and enjoyed them. Might I suggest the monte grand reserve as a Cuban alternate? I find these rich and flavorful like a maduro.
Is there a NC Montecristo Grand Reserve? Because I'm not sure the Montecristo Gran Reserva is the best suggestion for an alternative since it will run you +/- $70 for one haha. I have a few but haven't smoked one yet.

I agree with most on here that the Cohiba Maduro 5 series just isn't that good (at best). That being said I've only smoked 1. I have some more sitting in the humidor but just haven't wanted to revisit them since I smoked the first. NC for maduro really might be your best bet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I meant grand edmundo!! I have not had a reserva either!! I have no idea about the nc monte. When it comes to Cubans there is nothing like that good old t

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The OP has similar taste in cigar to me. In addition to what has been suggested, I'd recommend the RYJ Short Churchill. Loved the little bit of pepper kick with it in addition to the more typical Cuban flavors.