What's new

Good fakes?

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just picked up some cigars at an auction and at least a couple boxes are fake ccs. Was an estate auction and didn't pay more then a couple Bux a stick so not too concerned realized I don't know enough so they could be. But, I was wondering if any of you have gotten any fake ccs that you ended up enjoying or at least feeling ok with what you got for the price. Haven't smoked any of mine yet, wanted to give them a week to level out humidity wise but will smoke them soon.
ThanX

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I don't smoke fake cigars, knowingly anyway. I just don't understand why people would smoke something that they have no clue what's inside or even if it's safe...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Right, that was my logic in even purchasing them haven't smoked any was just wondering if anyone has smoked a fake and actually enjoyed it. I know a lot are awful and have had some I hated but there has to be some decent ones right?

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Had a customer come in with a box of fake CoRo's come in today. Were they good cigars? Not sure about that as the ammonia was really strong. We dissected one and it was all long filler and really well made. Think there is too much ammonia right now but who knows how they might be with some age.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have always bought 100% authentic Cigars although the exact location of their origin wasn't as authentic. There is so weird stuff that ends up in smokes though. Try one or cut one up and make sure they are at the very least 100% tobacco.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Right, that was my logic in even purchasing them haven't smoked any was just wondering if anyone has smoked a fake and actually enjoyed it. I know a lot are awful and have had some I hated but there has to be some decent ones right?
I bought 3 Cohibo Esplendidos in the Bahamas. Guy wanted $20 each for them, they were as fake as a 3 dollar bill. I bought 3 for $15, knowing they were fake. I enjoyed them for what they were, not that bad at all.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Cubancigarwebsite will tell you everything you need to know about spotting fakes!

Post up some pictures of yours?

I personally wouldn't smoke them, Some could be cuban tobacco and taste good. but unless they were rolled at an actually habanos factory then they are fakes

IF you enjoy them smoke them up!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I feel like i have had some great fakes.., not that I would ever buy a cigar knowing it was fake, but i remember a year back or so someone was handing out cuban cohiba 40th anniversaries that were great however cohiba apparently never made that cigar! if its good who cares if it was made in your back yard.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
going to add another vote to the "dissect one" crowd. make sure it is all long filler, all tobacco. if it IS, i would (and have) burned one to try out. i have had surprisingly decent fakes, as well as crap authentic smokes (the latter was probably combination of bad years and lack of patience on my part). if it is short fill, chuck them. or, shelack the whole box and use it for a display piece!

edit: FWIW, here is a thread where i did a vivisection and smoke test for a buddy: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=56465

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i bought some monte #2s at the duty free in Jamaica. Turns out they were fake, Iwas new to the CC market and didn't know enough to now that monte's aren't the maduro color. anyhow, I smoked them with some friends at a party i threw and we all loved them.

It may have been the not-knowing, the company and all, but we enjoyed them none-the-less

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I will upload some pics but I can't seem to figure out how to do it from the site on my phone it's an iPhone. So it will have to be maybe tonight but more likely mondayish.