What's new

Good Quality Leather Belts

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Shit I wish I knew the brand of my dads work belt. He had the same issue and he bought this one from Marks Work Warehouse and it has last 20 years and it beat my backside a few times too. I'll ask him.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Why gun belts? Any good belt will do.

I've bought my leather belt from a leather store about 15 years ago. By my math that's over 5000 days of usage and still going strong. Its less straight than it used to, but still rocks.

It wasn't their "heavy duty" version, only their "dress wear" (less durable but better looking) version.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Why gun belts? Any good belt will do.

I've bought my leather belt from a leather store about 15 years ago. By my math that's over 5000 days of usage and still going strong. Its less straight than it used to, but still rocks.

It wasn't their "heavy duty" version, only their "dress wear" (less durable but better looking) version.
In his initial post, Hoshy stated he carries a pistol...

A well made belt, that is otherwise not either reinforced or rigid enough to withstand the pistols weight in one position and the action of drawing of a pistol just doesnt work well.. you can buy a beautiful $500 custom belt that will last you a lifetime if all you want it to do is hold your pants up.. that will fall completely apart in 6 months if you try to wear it with a pistol..

you need something that is designed to take the weight and the push/pull of drawing.. as well as support the weight of spare mags and/or other EDC items.. without rolling, stretching, twisting, etc..

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Absolutely need an actual gun belt. Don't even consider something else.

Tons of options from inexpensive (Beltman, Comp-tac) to nice rigs from 5 Shot Leather, Del Fatti, Milt Sparks.

I have a sharkskin belt from Wilson Combat. I like it quite a lot.
A legit sharkskin belt? How much did that set you back? That is definitely something I would look into. I have the same problem @Hoshneer Thank you for this thread!

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In his initial post, Hoshy stated he carries a pistol...

A well made belt, that is otherwise not either reinforced or rigid enough to withstand the pistols weight in one position and the action of drawing of a pistol just doesnt work well.. you can buy a beautiful $500 custom belt that will last you a lifetime if all you want it to do is hold your pants up.. that will fall completely apart in 6 months if you try to wear it with a pistol..

you need something that is designed to take the weight and the push/pull of drawing.. as well as support the weight of spare mags and/or other EDC items.. without rolling, stretching, twisting, etc..
In my firearm-less canadian mind, conceal carry wasn't on the belt... what exactly is considered concealed if you can do it on the belt? I am officially confused.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
you typically wear a "cover" garment (an untucked shirt over the pistol.. or a jacket... or a sweater, etc..)...

the holster is still on the belt.. you just conceal it with an article of clothing..