What's new

Goodbye my brothers

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Like many, we’ve never met and I only know you through your posts here, but you’ve been an asset to this community. May God grant you and your family his peace. Blessings.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I, and many, will miss you Dave. You've been inspiring to me and many others I've befriended. Hope to see you before God's throne.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
If Y'all wouldn't mind , for those that haven't met TN Dave , He is a true BOTL as a few of us have said , A lil story about Dave and Hill Billy Herf, it was a the 3rd or 4th HBH we had , Mr Dave shows up, and the house we had rented was full of young cigar smoking folks ( I say younger cuz Dave was the FOG of HBH) I mean that with ALL RESPECT , when Dave shows , the place looked like a Frat House, Bodies all over the place, The main table had ever type of Booze u could think of, guys smoking and drinking on all three porches , Well Dave sets up a Air Bed in the corner of the living room and make his self at home. Dave went around to talked to ALL the guys.

When I said it was a Frat House it truly was, Did that stop Dave , Hell No , If i'm not Mistaken he was helping take care of allot of the younger crowd that just might have had just a lil to much fun , Dave was the leader of the pack and I mean it was every late nite and TN Dave made sure we all made it to our Bunks those nights ..... that whole weekend, where ever Dave was there was a group of guys listening to his stories and wisdom about Cigars, Booze and Life, The man has more jokes and old saying than anyone I've EVER met, But in all those stories he NEVER had a bad word to say about anyone. When Dave talks about his wife (it's his Bride) and he always brags about her. Good Blessings to her and the Family

I think Dave made 2 maybe 3 of the HBH we had in TN, If he didn't show up he always sent Smokes or Drinks for the guys, Yes this is why we kept having HBH, Its Guys like Dave that always made it the Best Herf of the year, I could go on and on, and i'm sure others have stories about this True Southern Gentleman ......

I said it before and so have others, Dave may u have peace and comfort and we'll see u on the other side ........

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Dave,

You were always one of the guys here that I wanted to meet in person, but never had the chance. I always enjoyed our interactions and wish you peace.
I had heard your unfortunate news last week and it had me going through old posts mainly around the time of the Cubs world series win when I was much more active here. It brought back a lot of great memories. I was all out of Chiox, but lit up an ERDM in your honor.

It goes without saying, but If we can do anything for you or your family, please let us know. I know you will be greatly missed by the Chicago area Botl.

Joe

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Dave -

We only met once at HBH. Not sure if you remember, but you gave me a Choix Supreme, we watched a Blackhawks game, and talked for a while about the Cubs and our ties to Chicago, and how things have changed since you lived here. You even sent me off with a handful of your favorite CCs to push me down that CC slope.
Now whenever we bring up the HBH in conversation, I'd always mention how funny and generous you were to me, a guy from Chicago you met just a few hours prior.

While I am saddened to hear this news, I'm grateful for our time spent, and I know my life was better for having met you.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince...And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

- Chaz

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well brother, I’m sorry to say we didn’t have any interaction that I can recall, but this place will be a little diminished without your presence. As many others have said, I hope you find peace and comfort in these times.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Mr Dave, though we've chatted but never met, you were obviously a large part of this home we all created. I pray that God takes good care of you and your Family as you've taken care of them and us. May we enjoy a stick together in the land of peace.