What's new

Got a Palio Cutter

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I'm not really liking it.

I just got it in the mail the other day. Smoked 2 cigars and both cuts were sloppy. It smooshed the cut more than actually just cutting through it.

My other cutter always gives me a nice cut and kind of makes that quick snap when you cut the cigar.

Maybe I just need more practice with it, but I don't like it very much. :frownno:

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you hate your Palio, you must be cutting as if your left(assuming your righty). I know many users, and everyone like myself thinks the same way, it's the best cutter!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've heard nothing, but great things about Palio and will get one once my current cutter stops doing it's job. If the action of your previous cutter was different (say more like a Xikar) then it may just take some getting used to :dunno:.

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palio makes great cutters. I use mine left handed? There customer service department is top notch also.

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just not used to it yet I guess. It's a 2 piece instead of the other cutter I was using which is a 3 piece. If that makes any sense.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I own six (6) Xikars which I like but I still say I get the closest and cleanest cut with my Palio.

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had a problem with my cheap Cuban Crafters cutter. Just got a deal on a Palio so I bought it. Practice makes perfect, I just gotta get used to cutting with the palio. I grabbed a cheapo cigar from the humidor and cut it and it cut just fine.

I was probably getting bad luck with my first couple of cuts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand how you would have to get used to using a Palio, its a straight forward open and close cutter. If it isn't cutting good then I'm thinking there is something wrong with it and you should send it to Palio for a replacement.

Most people using a Xikar are using some kind of Xi cutter, the cutting action alone keeps this cutter from making a cut as clean as the double guillotine of the Palio. The new Xikzr X8 is made similar and works just like a Palio. It uses a double guillotine blade with one fixed to the cutter as the other opens and closes. The cut is just as clean as a Palio and sales for $23 to $25 MSRP.

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand how you would have to get used to using a Palio, its a straight forward open and close cutter. If it isn't cutting good then I'm thinking there is something wrong with it and you should send it to Palio for a replacement.

Most people using a Xikar are using some kind of Xi cutter, the cutting action alone keeps this cutter from making a cut as clean as the double guillotine of the Palio. The new Xikzr X8 is made similar and works just like a Palio. It uses a double guillotine blade with one fixed to the cutter as the other opens and closes. The cut is just as clean as a Palio and sales for $23 to $25 MSRP.
Thats the thing. My other cutter has 2 moving blades, the Palio has one fixed blade and the other slides. Thats what I meant by getting used to it because my other cutter doesn't have a fixed blade, both are open and close. Thats why I'm not used to using the Palio yet.

Practice makes perfect, I'll eventually get it. I got the carbon fiber one and it looks badass. I won't give up on it.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I too love my Cuban Crafters cutter. Really cant go wrong for the price. I have used Palio's and Xikar cutters as well and like both more to be honest but not enough to drop that much more coin on.