What's new

Got some CCs on my cruise!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm sure plenty of people fall for it. I imagine most aren't cigar smokers, but given the chance to try "forbidden fruit" they dive right in.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I'll never forget the time a friend of my father in law brought me a box of "Cohibas" from Mexico City.

It was a glass top box of Esplenddidos, and the box had carrots in it to "keep them fresh" (meaning several cigars were missing, lol) and the cigars were in horrible shape. Some of the bands didn't even match...It was hideous.

I felt so bad, because he had no clue, and was presenting me with that he though with all his heart was a gift that I would appreciate and enjoy. Of course I dug deep into my meager acting abilities and thanked him profousely. I even shuffled things around in my humi to make room as he stood there.

Just did not have the heart to tell him that they were fake... :(

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Real tough spot to be in. I had a friend who was buying fakes from a vendor on a regular basis. I finally politely showed him why they were fake and that the vendor was duping him and gave him some of my vendors. He was so thankful and appreciative that on my birthday he got me a 5er of some HTF RE's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on a cruise in November, walking the streets in Mexico and every other shop was selling cigars with guys yelling at you about their cigars. :cigar: Couldn't wait to get back on board the ship.
Someone told me it was better just to bring your own, so that's what I did.:happy:

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok so coming from some one with absolutely no experience in cc s other than one pre embargo cammacho that probally had 1/8 of a leaf of pre embargo tabbacy what do you look for when identifying fakes? Is it mostly sloppiness in construction and wrong type and colors of bands?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok so coming from some one with absolutely no experience in cc s other than one pre embargo cammacho that probally had 1/8 of a leaf of pre embargo tabbacy what do you look for when identifying fakes? Is it mostly sloppiness in construction and wrong type and colors of bands?
You can ask here or look online for info

here's some help
http://www.cubancigars4u.com/Fakes.htm