What's new

Great BBQ / Smoker tool

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I've really liked it so far. I have two smokers, so when I have both of them going I can still track meat and internal temp of both smokers. The software interface is kind of clunky, but not too bad I guess. My only criticism is that it has outlets for 4 probes, but only comes with 2, and from what I remember the cost of 2 more was pretty steep. I ended up using the probes from a couple older thermometers, but for the price it should come with 4. I would still recommend the unit though.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Mine is still performing like new. I use it on every big cook and can tell that my briskets are better than before. The key is getting the air temp probe in the smoker chamber line to stay fairly horizontal. Love the fact that I can set an alert on it so as when the temp gets below 225 or above 275 I can fix the problem with a flew adjustment.

Go to www.camelcamelcamel.com and set up a price watch on Amazon for this. You can pick up the four probe version when it hits a low price point.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I read a few reviews on Amazon and one guy said it wouldn't read beyond 25 ft if there wasn't a direct line of site. What distance are you guys getting?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I've never had any problems with that. I get readings from pretty much anywhere inside my house, and it sits on the deck in the backyard.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yup no issues here. My smoker is on the side of the house and the signal goes through the solid brick wall to my media room no issues. I'm not trying to read it from my neighbors house lol. Next upgrade will be a Bluetooth and wireless version that will hook up to your router and transmit no matter how far your away... When that happens I'm getting another.

I think it's cool on the app how you can see what others around the world are grilling on google earth. In some cases even zoom in enough to see their pits! You can do this btw even without buying the iGrill just if you wanna check it out.