What's new

greatest rock and roll voice

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, but the answer is not Plant. His voice is actually fairly terrible. There is a reason why they over dubbed his vocals so much on the records. Now, if you're just talking about being a frontman he and David Lee Roth are at the top of the list. If the question is strictly about singing, the answer is indeed Freddie Mercury.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Add another one for Freddie Mercury. He is simply, the best ever. I don't think we'll have another Freddie Mercury in my lifetime.

Interesting story though. A radio station in the UK ran a poll of their listeners to create the ultimate super group. They could vote for ANY rock artist for Singer, Lead Guitarist, Bassist and Drummer. Plant won Singer, Jimmy Page was voted best Guitarist, John Paul Jones as Bassist, and you guessed it, John Bonham as best Drummer.

So the ultimate super group, according to UK radio listeners is Led Zeppelin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4669597.stm

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Add another one for Freddie Mercury. He is simply, the best ever. I don't think we'll have another Freddie Mercury in my lifetime.

Interesting story though. A radio station in the UK ran a poll of their listeners to create the ultimate super group. They could vote for ANY rock artist for Singer, Lead Guitarist, Bassist and Drummer. Plant won Singer, Jimmy Page was voted best Guitarist, John Paul Jones as Bassist, and you guessed it, John Bonham as best Drummer.

So the ultimate super group, according to UK radio listeners is Led Zeppelin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4669597.stm
You have to to take that with a grain of salt. The U.K. did also just vote Boaty McBoatface as the best name for a boat.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, but the answer is not Plant. His voice is actually fairly terrible. There is a reason why they over dubbed his vocals so much on the records. Now, if you're just talking about being a frontman he and David Lee Roth are at the top of the list. If the question is strictly about singing, the answer is indeed Freddie Mercury.
I'm gonna just pretend I didn't read those first two lines and go on about my day.

Also- boaty mcboatface has a nice ring to it.