What's new

greatest rock and roll voice

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Plant. Hands down. Honorable mentions to Layne Staley, Bon Scott
Freddy Mercury, Ozzy.
This may be weird, but best female voice goes to Delores O'Roidian from The Cranberries. Not even my genre, but, God, I love her voice.
Country would have to be Don Williams, and Patsy Cline for best female

Last edited:

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best male rock vocal for me is Sammy Hagar circa Van Halen era. And yes im hiding in my submarine in the ocean to make it harder to find me to throw stones at me. Roth is great but my ears loved what I was hearing when Sammy was fronting the band. Also unbeatable to my ears is Robert plant and David Coverdale. All theee of them could sing the alphabet song and I would buy it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Best male rock vocal for me is Sammy Hagar circa Van Halen era. And yes im hiding in my submarine in the ocean to make it harder to find me to throw stones at me. Roth is great but my ears loved what I was hearing when Sammy was fronting the band. Also unbeatable to my ears is Robert plant and David Coverdale. All theee of them could sing the alphabet song and I would buy it.
Due to my age I first listened to Van Halen while Sammy was with them, and hearing the David Lee Roth days (and times he was with them after Sammy and such) I definitely prefer Sammy Hagar. I think it's different if you got attached to David Lee Roth early on and then tried to come around to Hagar.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Plant. Hands down. Honorable mentions to Layne Staley, Bon Scott
Freddy Mercury, Ozzy.
This may be weird, but best female voice goes to Delores O'Roidian from The Cranberries. Not even my genre, but, God, I love her voice.
Country would have to be Don Williams, and Patsy Cline for best female
Can't argue with that! I loved the Honeydrippers, like a bluesy LZ...shame they only cut one album.
Dolores O'Riordan stopped me in my tracks the first time I heard The Cranberries...just an amazing voice. Have to give the female country nod to Emmy Lou Harris. I had a downright religious experience at an outdoor concert of hers in the rain many years ago, LOL. For a grittier female voice, can't go wrong with Lucinda Williams.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Roger Daltry would be number one. A close second would be Robert Plant. As rock goes. I would also have to include Boston's Brad Delp would have to be up there with Freddy Mercury.
Metal on the other hand, Dio would be number one followed closely by Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson.