What's new

Greetings from Colorado!

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Howdy all -- came across the BOTL site searching for cigar news podcasts; oddly a forum post here was the first result I got.

Relative newcomer to good cigars; I have smoked a pipe for a few years while fishing, but won't mention the cigar brands that got me started. Have recently begun enjoying cigars with the same passion I do scotch and good beer (no idea why that took so long - acquired tastes indeed).

Enjoying what I've seen so far in my brief time perusing here!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!
I grew up in the Springs but now I'm up at UNC in Greeley. I visit Stag every once in a while when I'm down there.

TYLER

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!
I grew up in the Springs but now I'm up at UNC in Greeley. I visit Stag every once in a while when I'm down there.

TYLER
Greeley's a nice town, if a little fragrant in the summer.:nodlaugh:

I can't talk, I went to Oklahoma State, which has a big pig-farm not far from the campus. On a hot day with an easterly wind ... :barf: I'll take cattle over swine any day.

Have you been to Stag's new location, off Austin Bluffs? Very nice. Big humidor!

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!

I love Colorado. Once upon a time, I left a beautiful woman behind in Canon City. I wonder how she is all these years later? :shame:
You could probably call her. Canon City's like the Hotel California. Nobody ever leaves. :grin:

I pass through quite a bit - fly fishing the Arkansas. Bring on the caddis hatch already!

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Welcome to BOTL, Coolhand!!

There are quite a few front range BOTLs around. We will be trying for a larger front range herf here very soon, and they are fairly regular.

I guided fly fishing for a few years until I got sick of not fishing, and just pointing ... "I want you to cast 10' above that fish right there!... No, there ... right there, see where I'm pointing ... ok, just cast 15' feet from the bank at your 2 o-clock ... no, upstream ... mend, mend ... ok, let's review and try again."

I've spent a lot of time on the Ark in April too. Good times.

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Welcome to BOTL, Coolhand!!

There are quite a few front range BOTLs around. We will be trying for a larger front range herf here very soon, and they are fairly regular.

I guided fly fishing for a few years until I got sick of not fishing, and just pointing ... "I want you to cast 10' above that fish right there!... No, there ... right there, see where I'm pointing ... ok, just cast 15' feet from the bank at your 2 o-clock ... no, upstream ... mend, mend ... ok, let's review and try again."

I've spent a lot of time on the Ark in April too. Good times.
Guiding. Gotta love it. It's advisable not to do it if you really love to fish. Personally I no longer guide that often, and, if I do, they are clients that I have been guiding for years, and not 50-year-old juveniles that I have to nanny.

I always love "now, you do understand that when I say 'cast right there,' I mean the flies, and not the indicator, right? There is a thing called too accurate."

I mostly fish the South Platte, but the Ark's a fun river for sure.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I mean the flies, and not the indicator, right?
:headroll:

I haven't hit the Cheesman much since the fire, but the S. Platte has some great spots. I try to float the Green R., San Juan or Bighorn every year or two. Hoping to make a Tennesee trip this Spring.

Look forward to herfing with you.