What's new

Greetings from Colorado!

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Fredneck - are you a fly angler?

I shouldn't be surprised, given how herfing lends itself to other past-times ... but typically, on a forum, when I say I'm a fly fisher I get a chorus of "duhr?" comments. :headroll:

I'm into the hobby so deeply now that I made a career out of it; I own two fly shops. I didn't want to be wealthy anyway, and after all, who wants to grow up to be a lawyer? Heh ...

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Fredneck - are you a fly angler?
Yes, but I also have spinning rods, bait casting and surf rods too :grin:

I'm into the hobby so deeply now that I made a career out of it; I own two fly shops. I didn't want to be wealthy anyway, and after all, who wants to grow up to be a lawyer? Heh ...
LOL....that's awesome, I'm jealous.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Greeley's a nice town, if a little fragrant in the summer.:nodlaugh:

I can't talk, I went to Oklahoma State, which has a big pig-farm not far from the campus. On a hot day with an easterly wind ... :barf: I'll take cattle over swine any day.

Have you been to Stag's new location, off Austin Bluffs? Very nice. Big humidor!
Yeah, they have an awesome humidor there! They always have like 8 boxes of Opus X too, which is awesome.
A few years ago my great grandpa gave me this really cool old South Bend split bamboo rod. I haven't used it much, tho, cause I'm a lot bigger on hooks and sinkers. It is my absolute favorite thing to just go sit on the shore of a lake with a couple lines in the water and a cigar all day.

TYLER

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hell, come up and fish Antero Reservoir with me some time. Go out in a float tube with a fly rod and an indicator - yeah, it's basically bobber fishing, but we're too snobby to call it that. Cooler goes behind the seat of the boat (I really do need to get my actual bass boat up and running; it's been sitting since my grandfather died).

Thing is, 25" rainbows aren't uncommon out of there. My biggest of the past year was a 31".

The damn wrapper came off - bad cut. But I'm not about to let that stop me. :flipoff:

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Welcome Fellow Greenhorn (To the site, that is)!

Howdy all -- came across the BOTL site searching for cigar news podcasts; oddly a forum post here was the first result I got.

Relative newcomer to good cigars; I have smoked a pipe for a few years while fishing, but won't mention the cigar brands that got me started. Have recently begun enjoying cigars with the same passion I do scotch and good beer (no idea why that took so long - acquired tastes indeed).

Enjoying what I've seen so far in my brief time perusing here!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'll have to steal my little brother's float tube and go fishing with you sometime. I think he broke my reel, tho. But I guess you can probably sell me one, huh!
We will have to have a river herf when the weather gets warmer!

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Welcome to BOTL. Enjoy! I smell a flyfishing herf in the future. Yeah baby.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Welcome!

Been foaming the water here in Central PA for years, but never tossed a drake outside of the State. Have a Brother in Law in Eagle who has a standing invite to fish Beaver with him.