What's new

Greetings from Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've heard great things about BOTL and this is my first post here...

Just wanna say 'THANK YOU' to those who've expressed interest in and supported Crowned Heads from the outset. I saw a recent thread (which is now closed) that I'd like to comment upon.

Yes, we did send some prototype sample CH blends to a focus group of bloggers, individuals, and associates in order to garner some feedback. Everyone who received those samples also received a unique 'code' system that prevented anybody from exchanging notes or discussing the blends. That was done simply in order to obtain honest/unsolicited opinions. Period.

When a couple of people asked me if they could 'mention' that they'd received some CH blends, I said, "fine by me." There are no secrets here. Our sole intent was to get unsolicited and honest feedback about some blends we were working on.

If anyone has followed us or read anything about Crowned Heads from the start, you'd know our goal is NOT to create "CAO 2.0" or simply sell a "ton of sticks." We spent the better part of 6 months meeting with and visiting manufacturers in order to find the right 'fit' for Crowned Heads. That is why we are so excited and honored to be working with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo and EP Carrillo Cigar Co. Their focus and obsession with quality and consistency lines up perfectly with our philosophy.

When I was approached with the possibility of creating a new cigar company (post-CAO), I said "I'm IN"--provided we would do things differently and focus FIRST on the tobacco and the product. With that focus upon QUALITY first in mind, that is why we sent blind samples to a focus group. It was not to create 'hype' or just a 'tease.' It was to further fine-tune what would become the final blend.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate here on BOTL and I look forward to being a part of 'the brotherhood.'

Best Regards,

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Jon, welcome to the community. I can't wait to see what comes from your collaboration with Ernesto. For me he's been the most exciting guy in the industry since he started out on his own again.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Jon, Welcome to Botl. I hope you find what your looking for from this place. I also hope that you see the passion people here have for Cigars and Brotherhood.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome....looking forward to participating here on the BOTL.

Best,

JH

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Welcome to BOTL.

You got the right man for the job. I'll smoke anything from E.P. Carrillo.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Welcome. Thanks for the explanation. Much clearer that what we heard.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMHO it's a great way to give a voice to future consumers and giving also the opportunity to help get a good start and not something that could have been better. welcome

Edit: Take tatuaje, with the S&S club they are giving samples of possible new cigars to the members so that they can get feedback. Very good idea. at the end of the day, its the consumers that decided if this or that cigar is successful.

Last edited: