What's new

Greetings from Madison, WI

thecatmac

IS IN THE HOUSE!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Welcome from SoCal, Nice intro. I'm surprised by your thoughts on the Onyx, I love them, maybe it needed some more time to rest. But everyone has different tastes. With the other smokes listed, you are off to a good start.
Welcome! I also am a big fan of the Onyx, like dpricenator has said, maybe you got a stale one or something. Give it another try. Try a CAO Italia also! One of my fav's!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Welcome! I also am a big fan of the Onyx, like dpricenator has said, maybe you got a stale one or something. Give it another try. Try a CAO Italia also! One of my fav's!
I bought another Onyx from a different shop and let it rest for a few days, and it was tasty. It wasn't at all like the first Onyx, which left a strange leathery taste on my lips after each puff.

I recently tried a couple of Sancho Panza Double Maduros. Wow, what a great cigar! They've got a beautiful Oscuro wrapper that looks similar to the Onyx Reserve. For ~$2/stick, these are a steal.

Thanks for the Italia recommendation. I've got an Italia Ciao that I picked up in a Conmemorativo sampler. I'm saving it for my next trip to my local cigar bar though, since smoking on the front porch in single-digit temperatures isn't the best way to try a new cigar.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Nice to have you. Great introduction Asher. Be sure to check out all the sticky threads on tops of each section to get familiar with the site. Lots of good information to be had. Feel free to private message when in doubt.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
No, they're worse than bad! My address is in my profile so I'll make you a deal. If you send me the Puros Indios you have (just so I can be sure you won't smoke it) I'll replace it with two cigars that are of MUCH higher quality that you will actually enjoy. So, for the cost of postage (please don't send priority or worry about humidifying this cigar on the way to me as it will be trashed the moment it gets to my hands) you will receive two great cigars.

Deal?
Well, I (in good faith) eventually packaged up that soon to be collectable Puros Indios and sent it off to Wade. Today, I received the other end of the trade. Were there "two great cigars" in there? No. There were five: a Gurkha Legend, a Punch Rare Corojo, a Torano Signature, a Rocky Patel Edge, and an Oliva Serie 'G'! Wade, did you really think you could get away with this? My humble humidor might not have enough artillery for an appropriate counterattack, but you better not let your guard down! :bangbang:

This is shaping up to be a very good cigar day. I bought a 5'er of Punch PC's from a Brother here, and tonight will be my first encounter with a cigar from that particular island. My wife is having a "girls' night out", so I reluctantly agreed to take the guys to the local cigar bar. :grin:

Thanks again to everybody here for the kind welcome, and particularly to Wade for this great "trade"!

-Asher