What's new

Greetings from Madison, WI

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks to everybody for the kind welcome. I'm looking forward to learning from everybody here.

Welcome from SoCal, Nice intro. I'm surprised by your thoughts on the Onyx, I love them, maybe it needed some more time to rest. But everyone has different tastes. With the other smokes listed, you are off to a good start.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised, because the Onyx seems like something I'd like. Some of the cigars I've smoked recently have been mediocre, but this was the first one that really tasted bad. I bought it at a chain tobacco store (Tobacco Outlet, or something like that), and maybe it wasn't kept properly. I think I smoked it the same day I bought it. I'll pick up another one at some point and make sure it's properly humidified, then give it another try.

BTW, where in SoCal are you? I grew up in San Diego, and my folks still live there.

No, they're worse than bad! My address is in my profile so I'll make you a deal. If you send me the Puros Indios you have (just so I can be sure you won't smoke it) I'll replace it with two cigars that are of MUCH higher quality that you will actually enjoy. So, for the cost of postage (please don't send priority or worry about humidifying this cigar on the way to me as it will be trashed the moment it gets to my hands) you will receive two great cigars.

Deal?

Wade
Well, I'm a newbie, so you might be trying to trick me out of one of Rolando Reyes's fine creations :smile:, but you've got a deal. I'll send the PI out with a stamped return envelope. Thanks!

I won an extra 20-count humidor on c-bid last week (had a few lowball bids in), so I seasoned it and put a couple of my new favorites in as a "starter pack" for a friend of mine who has enjoyed the cigars I've shared with him in the past. (I have an ulterior motive: cigars smoked with a friend seem to taste better than cigars smoked alone, and maybe I'll be able to smoke his cigars at some point. :smile:) I tossed a CAO and a couple of Rocky Patels in my friend's new humidor, and briefly contemplated tossing the PI in there too, but then I read some of the scathing comments, and thought better of it. (I was eventually going to try it myself, but I wouldn't inflict it on a friend if it's as bad as you all say.)

-Asher

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
nice to have another wisconsiner here. i go to milwaukee all the time my father works on the lakes there. as the captain of the lake guardian. enjoy botl. its a great group of guys.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Wade is offering you a grat deal take it. I am from Orange County, Lagun Hills to be exact, but there are several brothers on here from SD.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I'll make you a deal. If you send me the Puros Indios you have (just so I can be sure you won't smoke it) I'll replace it with two cigars that are of MUCH higher quality that you will actually enjoy. So, for the cost of postage (please don't send priority or worry about humidifying this cigar

Wade
I got your package on Saturday Asher, and I had totally forgot about this deal. Then when I did a little research, I got a big smile and was excited to get my end done. I'll pick out a few good smokes and get them to you first thing tomorrow morning.

Although I do have to laugh as I think you misunderstood, when I said "for the cost of postage", what I meant was, for the cost of you shipping that Puros Indios to me, not sending me a prepaid mailer! ROFLMAO, sorry, I didn't mean for you to send return postage to me!

Wade

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I got your package on Saturday Asher, and I had totally forgot about this deal. Then when I did a little research, I got a big smile and was excited to get my end done. I'll pick out a few good smokes and get them to you first thing tomorrow morning.
Yeah, I had the PI all packaged up and ready to go . . . and then I completely forgot to send it! You might want to hang on to it; now that Rolando Reyes has retired the Puros Indios brand, it might be a collector's item. :smile:

Although I do have to laugh as I think you misunderstood, when I said "for the cost of postage", what I meant was, for the cost of you shipping that Puros Indios to me, not sending me a prepaid mailer! ROFLMAO, sorry, I didn't mean for you to send return postage to me
Wade
I figured that's what you meant, actually, but I wanted to at least cover the postage, since your offer was so generous. Next time you're near Madison, drop me a line. Despite the city-wide smoking ban, we still have one cigar bar. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what cigars you've picked out. Thanks again!

-Asher