What's new

Greetings from Singapore

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey pbear, I'll be on vacation in the first 2 weeks of August in Singapore and Malaysia. I'm one of those like-minded people to go with if you're interested. I'll be going to the cigar lounges anyways. It would be cool to meet some other brothers while I'm there. Cheers!
That sounds pretty awesome! Drop me a note when you're coming here and we can have a little BOTL outing. :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do that pbear. See you in August.
Hi KiloWhiskey,

Good stuff.. Drop me a mail at pbear1973 at gmail dot com as I don't come here that often.

Would be good to go to a place that lets us smoke our own sticks as cigars here are outrageously expensive (as a comparison: A Partagas Serie D 4 is between US$28 and US$35 here compared with US$13 that I paid to coh-hk.com including all the customs duties and shipping).

If you do bring in your own sticks you would want to go to the red lane to declare them and pay maybe US$3.50-US$5 per stick in taxes, particularly if you're traveling alone. The customs officers at Changi Airport will -almost always- x-ray the luggage of lone male travelers and if you're found with duty-unpaid cigars the penalties are very stiff and can include heavy fines and possibly (though rarely) jail time.

Alternatively you can take some from my stash - all fully duty paid :D

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be coming with my girlfriend. I got stopped before on a random search. When asked I told them I had 3 or 4 cigars and the lady let me through without any problems. I don't bring alot with me. I buy most when I get there. And wince everytime I pay for the cigars there.

A good place to smoke our own sticks, believe it or not, is the outside area of Hooters in Clark Quay. Tiger beer and great scenery:). I've smoked quite a few there already. Jimmy's, Olde Cuban, Conn Divan, all you have to buy cigars there to smoke. But maybe you can bring your own smoke if you sit outside at Conn Divan if you order a drink from them? Have you tried that?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be coming with my girlfriend. I got stopped before on a random search. When asked I told them I had 3 or 4 cigars and the lady let me through without any problems. I don't bring alot with me. I buy most when I get there. And wince everytime I pay for the cigars there.

A good place to smoke our own sticks, believe it or not, is the outside area of Hooters in Clark Quay. Tiger beer and great scenery:). I've smoked quite a few there already. Jimmy's, Olde Cuban, Conn Divan, all you have to buy cigars there to smoke. But maybe you can bring your own smoke if you sit outside at Conn Divan if you order a drink from them? Have you tried that?
Yeah Clarke Quay is awesome! There's also a nice whisky bar over at Robertson Quay as well, though I've not tried smoking there yet. If you're also heading down to Kuala Lumpur, La Bodega at Pavillion Mall has nice cigars and reasonably priced drinks. I recently enjoyed a Cohiba Siglo I there. :)

I'm heading down to Con Divan this Friday with friends. Will update you on whether I can smoke my own sticks. :D

Good to hear that the lady let you in with the cigars. Customs officers in Singapore are quite nice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out yes Con Divan does allow you to smoke your own sticks. :D Very awesome. The service was excellent and faultless (except that one time when the waiter walked away before I could give him his tip), and they literally run across the road to buy you a pizza if you're hungry. :) Wide range of single malts at very good prices. It was also my first time trying Cristal Cuban Beer. :)

In a nutshell, Connoisseur Divan has excellent service, reasonably priced drinks and a big range of smokes. It now tops my list of favorite hangouts. Can be a bit hard to find though; I had to direct all my friends to Wine Connection over at Robertson Walk, then ask them to cross the road back to UE Square.

OT: KiloWhiskey, are you owner of Kilowhiskey Cigar Lounge? It looks like a lovely place!

Yeah Clarke Quay is awesome! There's also a nice whisky bar over at Robertson Quay as well, though I've not tried smoking there yet. If you're also heading down to Kuala Lumpur, La Bodega at Pavillion Mall has nice cigars and reasonably priced drinks. I recently enjoyed a Cohiba Siglo I there. :)

I'm heading down to Con Divan this Friday with friends. Will update you on whether I can smoke my own sticks. :D

Good to hear that the lady let you in with the cigars. Customs officers in Singapore are quite nice.