What's new

Guitar players, show your gear!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
On Saturday I added a new member to the family. A Modern Player Tele. Got a good deal from a friend that works at a pawn shop. Will be replacing all the pots, the switch, and the pickups. The neck and frets are in great shape though, especially after I made a minor adjustment and the action is like butter after I worked over the bridge. I recently added an EHX Octavix to my pedal board for some awesome fuzz tones and a Joyo chorus pedal. The Joyo was inexpensive, but is super impressive.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
On Saturday I added a new member to the family. A Modern Player Tele. Got a good deal from a friend that works at a pawn shop. Will be replacing all the pots, the switch, and the pickups. The neck and frets are in great shape though, especially after I made a minor adjustment and the action is like butter after I worked over the bridge. I recently added an EHX Octavix to my pedal board for some awesome fuzz tones and a Joyo chorus pedal. The Joyo was inexpensive, but is super impressive.
Totally Sweet ! That 'Telly is the real deal. Gotta love Strats and Telecasters too !

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Totally Sweet ! That 'Telly is the real deal. Gotta love Strats and Telecasters too !
This is like the perfect tele strat hybrid. Just ordered new pups for it and will be doing the "7 tone mod" but the tone variations will be insane with the P-Rail getting stuffed in the bridge. Next rig is going to be the "cheap strat" project. Modding guitars is turning into a new obsession

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
This is like the perfect tele strat hybrid. Just ordered new pups for it and will be doing the "7 tone mod" but the tone variations will be insane with the P-Rail getting stuffed in the bridge. Next rig is going to be the "cheap strat" project. Modding guitars is turning into a new obsession
Now you're talkin ! The wireups are pretty flexible. I've seen that 7 tone. That's the one that isolates the pickups and splits the humbucker? Uses a push /pull vol?

Last weekend I revamped my ( 79?) Corte Effector. It has a 9v battery cavity for active Humbucker. But I got this as a neck and body. So I had been running Semour Duncans with some switch logic in there. I pulled the Duncans out and put them in one of my "main" guitars , earlier this month. So while it was gutted , I finally benched it and cleaned it up and put a couple homeless pups in there. Also replaced tremolo / saddle bridge . The one that was on there looked like it had been through WW2. Scratched, pitted and rusting. It was also off- center ( E riding the edge, e too far in ) so I had to bang wood glued toothpicks in the 6 bridge screw holes, put two outside scrap strings on, and line the new one up properly. Redressed fretboard.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
With this one I'm replacing the on-on toggle that splits the current humbucker for an on-on-on toggle to switch the p-rail. Then I'm going to swap the pot on my treble for a push pull pot to control switching on my neck pup so I can run the bridge and neck at the same time for the vintage tele tone. The versatility will be pretty awesome
Post up ! when you dig into it !

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well USPS finally delivered the goods. It's so shiny new!! New pots, knobs, and a fancy three way on-off-on switch for the P-Rail in hand too. Hopefully I can find time by Friday to dig in.

I have developed a whole new bug. My next guitar I plan to build. I will buy body, neck, electronics, hardware, etc separate. Still haven't decided if I'm going to tackle finishing or buying a finished body/neck. I have issues my friends.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Awesome ! Check out edenguitars on eblay for a body. Been watching this guy.
It's only a matter of time before I make a move on a Tele build too.
You can put your "pullout " parts in here and have a second Tele !

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Still working this Corte Effector. Got rid of the switch-phase logic.
Went with separate vol and tone for each pup and 1/2/1+2 pickup sector switch.
No "before" pictures, but under the black switch plate revealed a host of horrors.
Now I remember why I added the black plate in 2002 with the switches.
Paint finish failures and two holes under there ( between the knobs) I had to fill in and blend paint to make this knob revision happen.
The two top pilot hole / indents were painted already so I left them alone.
But five others were complete holes that went all the way down the guitar.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well, new pups and pots in the Axe. Wiring is giving me hell. The solder doesn't want to stick to the pot so grounding is an issue atm. I also can't figure out the "7 sound" wiring with my push/pull pot to control my neck pup. Uggg

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Pick a spot on the pot where you will need to get the ground on.
Scrape the spot (case ) of the pot with sandpaper, or "etch it up" with an exacto.
Without any wire, just get a bead of solder to attach to the "bare spot."
Pre- tin the wire, then you will be able to attach the wire to the solder spot.
That's how I do it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Check this super 7 out. I can explain the "vol kit" mod. Its a resistor and capacitor in parallel.
It decreases the characteristic "tone sink" as you adjust volume. At least that's what I believe. Never deployed it. I can get you the actual values or google it.
Also note, Your "push Pull " switch goes on tone, not vol, on this mod.

Last edited: