What's new

Guitar players, show your gear!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You already have one. I would think if you gut your dead EHX you could just use that to switch. Throw out the internal board and go from pedal switch to jack. Plug in your patch cable to the shotgun.I really think that is just a glorified on/off kind of trigger.

But I could be waaay wrong. I fthe remote is $15 you may wan to just buy one, I dunno...

Guess a test would be to plug a short patch cable into the remote, and short it, and see if it switches. Sounds scary, but I would think the v4 would have tolerance for a shorted cable integrated into it. I mean, really... they short all the time. It would be like not waterproofing a diver's watch !

And as always, NEVER TAKE MY ADVICE :dead:
Well, for $25 and shipping the EHX to them, they will fix the pedal and ship back to me so I can sell it. The little red remote is $35 so not a huge investment so I will go that route pretty soon. It can wait a bit

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, for $25 and shipping the EHX to them, they will fix the pedal and ship back to me so I can sell it. The little red remote is $35 so not a huge investment so I will go that route pretty soon. It can wait a bit
Well then , if they're going to fix it , can't beat that. Initially, it sounded like the warranty route was a lost cause. That's great !

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well then , if they're going to fix it , can't beat that. Initially, it sounded like the warranty route was a lost cause. That's great !
It's not covered under warranty which is why I have to pay them $25. Not horrible though considering what I paid and what I should be able to sell for once it's working correctly again.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I want to hit somebody for ruining that guitar
Don't worry. Some of us are fighting the good fight!
1967 Vintage Silvertone Teisco Model 1410. Shell came in last night. In two hours I have most of the build complete.

I'll need the two slide switches. ( pickup 1 / pickup 2 )
Knobs are incorrect, but are "Highhat" style like the origionals. The chrome knobs are also true to period. They came off a 1970's sterio.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Speaking of.. I figure you guys can appreciate this. Daughter managed to get this great sounding guitar second hand from the leader of the church worship team she performs with.
Screenshot_2018-10-19-23-10-43-1.png
I'd never heard of them but my friends are telling me that Paul Reed Smiths are pretty good...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I know nothing about this stuff. Wouldnt even know where to start. I'm guessing that's a good option?
As far as strats go, the Squier bullet is the best entry level option imo. The Affinity is better if you can afford it. If you have someone that can check one out with you to look over the neck and frets. Quality control on the budget stuff like that isn't always the greatest so it's best to be able to check a few over. The pickups are surprisingly good for something in that price range but I'm already swapping all the pots, input jack, and pickups in mine. For a total investment of about $200 I have something that will sound every bit as good as any strat out there.

As far as Paul Reed Smith, some of the best guitars out there if you ask me. Quality stuff. Don't let your daughter give that stuff up!