What's new

Guitar players, show your gear!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my nephew a butterscotch telecaster. I miss it all the time.
I was with him this weekend. if I could only get him off what ever shoot-um up game he's playing now.
I was able to convince him he could replace the screening in the slider door without his mother getting pissed. "I just feel like somethings going to go very badly" he say's.. that's got to account for something.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Replaced #2 fret but it has to come back out due to overhang. I should have edged it before I set it. It's partner on #3 is totally worn out as well.

The neck is actually disconnected. It's just way too worn. I have a new $50 LP style overseas neck coming. The vendor had good references from others. When it gets here, I'll service it and it'll be fine. Nice battle scars on the pickups.

So I'm looking for something original. Peeled the skull print for the pick guard off of an old mouse pad I had. It's like a pvc/vinyl.
Temporary concept on the orange skull "runoff". Kinda interesting.
Gonna rewire. I like separate vol controls for each. Then I can run single mode or blend manually. It's not doing that with current config. It's all junk, but it's fun screwing around with it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@Bondo 440 that's looking pretty sweet. How hard is the diy fret replacement? My acoustic has a few that are shot but I dont feel the guitar is really worth paying a luthier to fix.

Excited, for father's day my wife ordered me an EHX Ehxtortion jfet overdrive pedal that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. At church they had us stop using our amps and want us plugging right into the p.a. system and I miss the sound of my power tubes. This pedal has an xlr out to connect right to the p.a. and is a pre-amp, tube amp modeler, plus overdrive so my sound should be much better on stage now. Nothing will ever replace my tube amp though.

I also just restrung with Ernie Ball pure nickel slinkies and have to say the warmer/classic sound compared to the regular slinkies is a big win for me. They take a little more stretch/break in but after that its pure happiness

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@Bondo 440 that's looking pretty sweet. How hard is the diy fret replacement? My acoustic has a few that are shot but I dont feel the guitar is really worth paying a luthier to fix.

Excited, for father's day my wife ordered me an EHX Ehxtortion jfet overdrive pedal that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. At church they had us stop using our amps and want us plugging right into the p.a. system and I miss the sound of my power tubes. This pedal has an xlr out to connect right to the p.a. and is a pre-amp, tube amp modeler, plus overdrive so my sound should be much better on stage now. Nothing will ever replace my tube amp though.

I also just restrung with Ernie Ball pure nickel slinkies and have to say the warmer/classic sound compared to the regular slinkies is a big win for me. They take a little more stretch/break in but after that its pure happiness
Oh man using the church PA amp LOL. 60 watts ? That preamp must be a Godsend ! ( I think I made a joke there
Frets - I used a razor blade and started at the edges. I guess I worked at it about 5 minutes not in a hurry and was able to get the sides up (alternating) Then I finished the lift with a jewler's screwdriver.
Wasn't hard. Just work slow. On my donor fretboard, I pulled a fret that was two steps away, but trimmed it so it sized up. They may be steel, but cut pretty easy with snips and a metal file. I have to pull it back out and trim it.
I like the DaDario lights. You see them spooled next to the guitar. But I ordered Ernie Bal Super Slinkys in 3 pak this round for $12 and it saves me a trip downtown to pay more.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That was my first adventure with fret swaps. Wasn't too though. You'll need a decent straight edge and a small tap hammer to make sure the replacements stay level with their neighbors.
I can send you some pulloff frets, but classicals are likely wider ? Plus you'd just bomb me. Next time you see a $5 garage sale folk guitar grab it for the frets and practice. (y)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That was my first adventure with fret swaps. Wasn't too though. You'll need a decent straight edge and a small tap hammer to make sure the replacements stay level with their neighbors.
I can send you some pulloff frets, but classicals are likely wider ? Plus you'd just bomb me. Next time you see a $5 garage sale folk guitar grab it for the frets and practice. (y)
Hahahaha, I have no idea what you're talking about. I would never repay kindness by nuking the bejesus out of someone out of the blue.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My initial impression of the ehxtortion? SUHWEEEET! Anything from warm vintage tube tones to paint peeling crunch. Depending on the type of distortion you go for you wouldn't even need a distortion pedal on your board with this with the right tweaks to the boost channel.