What's new

Guitar players

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just curious to find other BOTL that play guitar. I have been playing since like I was 13 and it has been one of the greatest gifts God has blessed me with.
I listen and play everything from Willie Nelson to Iron Maiden!! :grinFU::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I played in bands many years ago and pretty much stopped playing 3-4 years ago. I had 6 guitars and a half stack yet never played. Unfortunately, I don't have them anymore and have thought about picking up a nice acoustic, just not sure it would get played.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a playing since 12 years old, played in a top 40 band years ago and I'm still playing many years later. Primarily acoustic and I love my Martin.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I started in 87. I also make electric guitars from scratch. Even built the coil winder to make my own pickups.

Despite 25 years of playing, I'm terribly mediocre. My oldest daughter, however, is somewhat of a bass prodigy, so I live vicariously through her.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always something I had wanted to learn, decided last year to buy an acoustic and take some lessons. I suck. Badly.
Same here, always wanted to learn and at the ripe "old" age of 55 I've decided it's time.
Got myself a Takamine GS430S and trying to teach myself by using Youtube, it's a slow painful process but I'll get there.
Not looking to be the next Eric Clapton, just want to be able to entertain myself and some friends once in a while.

Don

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first giutar when I was 8 and have been playing just for myself for a long time. These day I enjoy being an amature luthier (building guitars) more than I like playing. Love folk metal!
:devilhead

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear there are so many musicians here. I do a lot of folk on a Gretsch historic series.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've tried to play the guitar on and off for years now always manage to stop just a in getting the hang of it, something always seems to get in the way ah well may be time to dust off the old girl and try again.

Ace

Nail Bender
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I like to play around with the guitar and bass, played in everything from wedding bands in 8 grade and high school, hard rock and metal bands, played in a church praise band.

Stopped playing completely about 10-11 years ago, had to make a choice the band wanted to play out more and practice more( all good things) but was getting really busy with the kids, you know the coaching thing and all the events they are part of, so I spent my time with the kids and running my own construction co.

Now kids are grown, took a Facilities Manager job, have more time started playin again, pretty rusty, always been very average anyway, but it is a blast to be jamming again!!!!!! Have Fun with it BOTL's!!!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I started when I was about 17. Only played acoustic, but was in a few blue grass/eagles style bands in the late 70's. After I got married it tappered off to where I only get them out once or twice a year and plink. I want to play more but playing buy yourself sucks.

Still have my original Yamaha FG200 and the Alvarez 12 string in mint condition. Bought them in 75.