What's new

Happy National Hotdog Day!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How do you like your dog? I'm a Chicago Style Portillos or Gene and Jude's kinda guy. Too bad I live so far away.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
My life was changed when I went to a bulls game in Chicago about 6-7 years ago and they asked "what would you like on you hot dog?" Didn't know there were choices outside of mustard, onions, relish or ketchup.

Now I like all kinds of mix matched things. Pickles, cheese, mayo, tomatoes, bacon, etc.

My fave is from a little place by me called Chicago style(cliche I know) but it has quarter dill pickle down the side of the dog, tomato, onion, neon relish, salt/pepper, sesame seed bun and gets topped with these Lil peppers that have a sweet spice....Now I'm hungry :)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
WO WO WO WO…. you can put other things on your hotdog other than ketchup and mustard???

I can honestly say thats as far as I have ventured. Following this thread closely… might go out on a limb this weekend

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Oh the ways I love a good dog. The only ingredient that does NOT belong on a dog is ketchup!

A few different ways I go:

• Simple with just mustard
• Mustard & fresh cut onions
• At the ball park combo - mustard, relish & onion
• Chili - No beans!! mustard & onions
• Grilled onion with strips of bacon, cheese & hot sauce
• Sriracha

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
WO WO WO WO…. you can put other things on your hotdog other than ketchup and mustard???

I can honestly say thats as far as I have ventured. Following this thread closely… might go out on a limb this weekend
Seriously you've never tried anything else

Slaw, chili, cheese, grilled onions& peppers

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

Seriously… I'm 1) not a huge hotdog guy (kind of a health food junkie) 2) not very adventurous eater.

I may have eaten 2-3 hotdogs in the last 15 years of my life. But I might have to spice things up this weekend. I get a "cheat" day twice a month, so it might be the perfect timing for one hahah

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I should add that a Detroit Coney from lafayette Coney island is pretty unmatched. Chili, onions, mustard on a hot steamed bun and full casing dog...omg!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Besides a fully dressed Chicago 'dog, here are some combos that I like:

Sauerkraut and beer mustard
Sriracha
Grilled onions and baked beans
Chili, potato chips, and cheese
Jalapenos and salsa
Wrap the entire weiner in bacon and then cook it, top with baked beans

Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Seriously… I'm 1) not a huge hotdog guy (kind of a health food junkie) 2) not very adventurous eater.

I may have eaten 2-3 hotdogs in the last 15 years of my life. But I might have to spice things up this weekend. I get a "cheat" day twice a month, so it might be the perfect timing for one hahah
2 hotdogs in the last 15 years?!?! You are doing yourself a serious in justice my friend. Haha

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am also in the camp the feels ketchup doesn't belong on hot dogs. Nathans are my dog of choice. Love bacon wrapped dogs. When I am feeling especially like a fat boy I like to take a grilled dog and then add some smoked pork butt and coleslaw. Mustard, onion, and dill relish is also a favorite.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Ketchup and mustard. That's it. Wieners are made from lips and assholes so no sense getting fancy with Grey Poupon and the like. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll make a nice length wise slice down the cooked wiener and put cheese whiz in there.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
If you find that the wiener is too short for the bun because you needed to save 50¢ and not buy the bun-length wieners, you can spiral-cut them down the length.

They cook/heat evenly and hold melted cheese beautifully!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Here is a fun hotdog activity around halloween time, hotdog mummies. These were a hit at the last party we made them for. The dogs are just wrapped in croissant roll dough!