What's new

Has anyone here ever spent more than this for cigars?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I would buy one if they accepted Monopoly money.

But just like any hobby, people who are have tons of play money spend insane amounts of money on things that are considered "The Best." I have been interested in home audio and there are guys out there who have over $1 Million dollars invested in their stereo system. Homey don't play those games.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would buy one if they accepted Monopoly money.

But just like any hobby, people who are have tons of play money spend insane amounts of money on things that are considered "The Best." I have been interested in home audio and there are guys out there who have over $1 Million dollars invested in their stereo system. Homey don't play those games.
And here I was feeling bad for day dreaming about a Dynaudio set-up.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
How about $2000 or $1500? Anyone here ever spent that much on a box? Tom? :)
Not I. I've spent $1100 for two different 50 cabs (2000 Ramon Allones Coronas and Sancho Panza Eslavos) and a grand for a 50 cab of 2000 Partagas Lonsdales. Sadly the RACs and Party Lons are long gone. I still haven't cracked the Eslavos, tough to do when they're trending at about 4K a cab these days.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I paid $475 a night to stay at The Showboat in Atlantic City last month (if you’re not familiar, it’s not worth half that).
Phish tour…I’ll pay extra $$ to have my own room with my wife, be close to the venue, and have tickets for the floor.

I’m also eyeing up a replica of Jerry Garcia’s guitar Wolf.
It would set me back about a grand, but for that guitar, I’m game.

Sure, it’s not cigars, but I figured I would chime in!

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Upon further consideration...like any hobby/passion, if you're REALLY into it, you're willing to spend money that wouldn't make sense to other folks. If I had the means for example, I'd gladly throw down 10k on a huge custom trailer smoker. I'm sure there are many people out there that would think that absolutely insane, that their $500 setup does just fine, why the hell would anyone spend that much, etc. So I get it, to a degree. :D

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Before I retired a couple of years ago, I promised myself that when I retire, I would buy a box of cigars similar to the Sir Winstons in the original post. You only live once, right? :)

However, it never happened. The closest I have come is Padron 1926 @ about $400. I would guess many of the brothers here could afford to drop 3k on a box of cigars, but actually pulling the trigger on it is a different story:ROFLMAO:.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It is all relative! If you make mad coin then a few $100 for a cigar is a drop in the bucket! I used to look at it like if you go out to a high end restaurant and you buy a bottle a wine for $500 and then you split it with 3 others, you now just payed $500 for one glass of wine!!! :oops:
I myself have not spent more then $50 ish for a vintage cigar. Now I have been gifted cigars that cost hundreds of dollars and have been blown way by there generosity!