What's new

Hats off to Puro Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to comment on how great my first order with Puro was. I ordered on Friday the 16th at 10:13pm, knowing it's free shipping, I thought I'd be lucky to get them this week since they're in California and I'm in New York. So to my surprise, guess what's in my mailbox today? That's not even a full business day. To top it off the cigars are padded really well and there's a boveda pack in there with them.

Great experience and I'll definitely order from them again.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Looks like the days of buying singles are over, they don't have them listed anywhere on the site :arghh:
Not that I blame Rob @PuroCigar and co, I bet its a pain in the ass.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh that stinks. I had a bunch of singles in my cart that didn't pull the trigger on yet.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This was a really tough decision. BOTL members have been great to us and your business is very much appreciated.

Our intent was to let our customers buy singles at the box price so they could inexpensively try them out and then, hopefully, come back to buy the 5-pack or the box. Instead, we became the "virtual" B&M: you know, you go to your local B&M, and try a cigar. If you like it, you wait for a deal online to purchase a 5-pack or a box. I get it. We all want to save on our purchases. I really didn't mind processing the 1, 2 and 3 cigar orders at a loss in the hopes of the next larger order once we proved ourselves, but it just didn't happen often enough (not just BOTL members, by the way). This is all on Puro Cigar, by the way, since we decided to take the risk. An offer is an offer and we fulfilled each and every order, regardless of the size. Only exception to this was one customer that decided to order one cigar every other day so he could get the free 8gm Boveda packs. Very creative, and again, on us since we made the offer. That resulted in the 5 cigar minimum to have your order Boveda packed.

After six months as a BOTL sponsor, and even more importantly as a member, I see the purchases when there is a 20-40% off deal at other online suppliers. At Puro Cigar, we established such a low baseline price (box, 5-pack & single) and topped it off with a BOTL 15% discount that most of the time our discounted price still beat the 20-30% deals. Unfortunately, most customers didn't seem to realize that but instead jumped on the percentage discount deals without comparing them to our everyday prices. Some of you have noticed that other online retailers have raised their everyday prices. This gives them the ability to offer a bigger discount percentage that we cannot do because of our extremely low prices.

There was a post in the Official Cigar Deals Thread over a week ago for a "big" discount. I compared our prices to the deal, and our regular price beat all but one of the offered cigars, and that was BEFORE the BOTL 15% discount. I can only assume that I have failed in getting the message across.

Maybe I'm being too transparent here, but I believe in full disclosure with our customers. I apologize for the lengthy story and the necessity to discontinue singles. I will try and make up for this by putting more line samplers together.
Rob

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Leave it to one asshole taking advantage to ruin it for everyone else. Someone so cheap they had to figure out a way to get a bunch of free bovedas, for shame. I don't blame Rob one bit, he's an A++ vendor in my book. I always thought he used too many bovedas in the orders anyway, you sure don't need one with a sealed box IMHO :cigar:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
This was a really tough decision. BOTL members have been great to us and your business is very much appreciated.

Our intent was to let our customers buy singles at the box price so they could inexpensively try them out and then, hopefully, come back to buy the 5-pack or the box. Instead, we became the "virtual" B&M: you know, you go to your local B&M, and try a cigar. If you like it, you wait for a deal online to purchase a 5-pack or a box. I get it. We all want to save on our purchases. I really didn't mind processing the 1, 2 and 3 cigar orders at a loss in the hopes of the next larger order once we proved ourselves, but it just didn't happen often enough (not just BOTL members, by the way). This is all on Puro Cigar, by the way, since we decided to take the risk. An offer is an offer and we fulfilled each and every order, regardless of the size. Only exception to this was one customer that decided to order one cigar every other day so he could get the free 8gm Boveda packs. Very creative, and again, on us since we made the offer. That resulted in the 5 cigar minimum to have your order Boveda packed.

After six months as a BOTL sponsor, and even more importantly as a member, I see the purchases when there is a 20-40% off deal at other online suppliers. At Puro Cigar, we established such a low baseline price (box, 5-pack & single) and topped it off with a BOTL 15% discount that most of the time our discounted price still beat the 20-30% deals. Unfortunately, most customers didn't seem to realize that but instead jumped on the percentage discount deals without comparing them to our everyday prices. Some of you have noticed that other online retailers have raised their everyday prices. This gives them the ability to offer a bigger discount percentage that we cannot do because of our extremely low prices.

There was a post in the Official Cigar Deals Thread over a week ago for a "big" discount. I compared our prices to the deal, and our regular price beat all but one of the offered cigars, and that was BEFORE the BOTL 15% discount. I can only assume that I have failed in getting the message across.

Maybe I'm being too transparent here, but I believe in full disclosure with our customers. I apologize for the lengthy story and the necessity to discontinue singles. I will try and make up for this by putting more line samplers together.
Rob
Will the Illusiones land soon? And i believe your California customer count will increase soon due to the new tobacco tax. So i hope that brings good business to you.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Will the Illusiones land soon? And i believe your California customer count will increase soon due to the new tobacco tax. So i hope that brings good business to you.
I have contacted them twice in the last week with no response. Probably busy preparing for IPCPR. I will be sure to stop by their booth at the show.
As far as California customers, we will be losing most of them. As new stock comes in, prices for California customers will be higher than for the rest of the country. The excise tax went from 27.3% to 65.08%. We were absorbing the excise tax and the sales tax for our California customers. With this new insane tax rate, we can't absorb the entire amount any more. They will be looking at roughly a 35% additional cost over non-California customers.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have contacted them twice in the last week with no response. Probably busy preparing for IPCPR. I will be sure to stop by their booth at the show.
As far as California customers, we will be losing most of them. As new stock comes in, prices for California customers will be higher than for the rest of the country. The excise tax went from 27.3% to 65.08%. We were absorbing the excise tax and the sales tax for our California customers. With this new insane tax rate, we can't absorb the entire amount any more. They will be looking at roughly a 35% additional cost over non-California customers.
Oh damn, just realized you were also in California.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me samplers would be great. Also if there were a single minimum (need to buy X number or spend X dollars.) I loved the fact that I could try a lot of different sticks and if you can find a way to still offer something like that and it works for you, that would be great.