What's new

Haven't heard from a member I purchased cigars from..

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If I dont get a response to a pm in 30-36 seconds I get super pissed. Packages that I paid for should arrive within the hour or I get antsy. I think if it is any slower than that, the seller is just being unreasonable.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
How many days has it been since you sent payment?
It has only been 4 days; I sent payment Wednesday and was told that he would try to ship Thursday; I didn't hear anything or get any tracking info Thursday so I sent a pm Friday asking if he got held up or something, I didn't get a response; sent another pm Saturday again no response, sent a third pm still nothing, I did figure I'd give it a week but wasn't sure what I should do if I still get nothing..
Four days really isn't a long time. He might have already sent them, and just didn't give you any tracking info. Although communication is a key factor when involved in a transaction, the lack of a response could be due to a vacation or an emergency as many have stated. Hell, they might be in your mailbox tomorrow. If you haven't received your cigars or heard back from him in a few days, by all means contact a mod, but until then I'd just assume they are on their way. Just my two pennies.
Generally my rule of thumb is "do the opposite of whatever that fucking Teach suggests" but, in this ONE AND ONLY INSTANCE, he has a point.
So much hate...lol

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If I dont get a response to a pm in 30-36 seconds I get super pissed. Packages that I paid for should arrive within the hour or I get antsy. I think if it is any slower than that, the seller is just being unreasonable.
so, LBB is set up as your own personal shit list? o)

future reference:
-communication is key
-a work week after payment, just i case the shipping went wonky
-THEN start reaching out to admins or mods
-leave a neutral feedback until it gets resolved, for good or ill, at which point it may be changed to negative or positive TR, depending on the outcome

glad it worked out! and it doesn't hurt to reach out to the general brotherhood and ask, although it is appreciated that you kept the details discrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.