What's new

HD TV help

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not a sports fan I guess? I think HD adds a lot to any sports game. I think a good game is just as action packed as a movie or video game. But I also am somewhat of a sports nut.
I'm a huge sports fan....basically the reason I got the HD. When my HD service is down now I can't even stand to watch the standard channels.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'll have to have you stop over to watch a movie or a game.
I have Joe and they look the same. I also have watched HD movies on my TV and its the same. 720P is HD just not "full HD" but it doesn't matter unless it's over 50". I've heard that from more than 1 person as well.

Some differences that may matter I think may be.

Viewing angles Plasma any angle LCD straight on or slight angle. +1 for Plasma

LCD performs good in any light Plasma is best used in rooms without a lot of windows(glare from the glass screen) or at night. +1 for LCD.
Which is funny because my TV is in a room with 4 sky-lights and 3 big bay windows, but I watch TV at night 85% of the time and when I don't there is heavy curtains.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have Joe and they look the same. I also have watched HD movies on my TV and its the same. 720P is HD just not "full HD" but it doesn't matter unless it's over 50". I've heard that from more than 1 person as well.

Some differences that may matter I think may be.

Viewing angles Plasma any angle LCD straight on or slight angle. +1 for Plasma

LCD performs good in any light Plasma is best used in rooms without a lot of windows(glare from the glass screen) or at night. +1 for LCD.
Which is funny because my TV is in a room with 4 sky-lights and 3 big bay windows, but I watch TV at night 85% of the time and when I don't there is heavy curtains.
Wow I can't beleive people still say they see no difference.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I agree HC.....I like the "we'll agree to disagree" comment. I have to say that I am super anal when it comes to my sound and picture qualities. When we first upgraded our TV my GF said the same thing when we watched our first bluray "I don't even see the difference" while I was blown away and noticing the extra sharp picture and the greater contrast details.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I agree HC.....I like the "we'll agree to disagree" comment. I have to say that I am super anal when it comes to my sound and picture qualities. When we first upgraded our TV my GF said the same thing when we watched our first bluray "I don't even see the difference" while I was blown away and noticing the extra sharp picture and the greater contrast details.
My man!:cbig:

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
720 is HD and compared to the same size in 1080 no major noticeable difference under 50" but if you are sitting on top of your TV you may notice the difference. All the TV's were on when I bought mine I was able to see them side by side and I stood at what I figured was my viewing distance and determined it wasn't worth the $$$. My next one will be a 50" or greater, the room the current one is in is 24'x24'. The 42" was a good upgrade compared to the old 27" Sony Wega.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
720 is HD and compared to the same size in 1080 no major noticeable difference under 50" but if you are sitting on top of your TV you may notice the difference. All the TV's were on when I bought mine I was able to see them side by side and I stood at what I figured was my viewing distance and determined it wasn't worth the $$$. My next one will be a 50" or greater, the room the current one is in is 24'x24'. The 42" was a good upgrade compared to the old 27" Sony Wega.
Someones with me..