What's new

Headbanger Reverse Contest, Starting Reviews

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Player C, Stick 1, Overall score is 75
Tobby 4, Opus X Reserva fm glass tube year 2000

Appearance and Construction: 16 of 20

This estimated 7 x 48 Churchill size is the last in the contest. Shows medium brown rounded stick that is uneven in color. There are some spots in the wrapper that are coming up with a few cracks in the feet. This stick was not very attractive looking. Does show signs of being age and the sniff test proved that to me, giving off aged tobac & was spicy. Snipped well.

Pre-lit draw 10 of 10

The draw was about PERFECT for me, maybe a tab free. Spicy flavors big time, very peppery pre lit draws. Very nice taste with nice zip on my lips, giving me tingling sensations.

Burning and lighting 12 of 15

The stick lit very easily and the initial draws were perfect. This stick require several touch-ups where the wrapper was loose. The burn was uneven as well. The burn rate for a easy draw cigar was very slow (maybe lots of ligero?) The ash was near white and looked very nice.

Flavor, taste, changes in profile: 23 of 30

Very powerful cigar. Dense earthiness and peppery bite right off the bat, has me buzzing right away (This is when I called Clay to thank me for telling me to have food on my stomach ahead of time). There was a harshness in back of my throat and back end of my tongue was burning. This pepper profile only grew more intense and the nicer earthiness was overpowered by this spicy harshness and went away too soon. This stick did not change much and was almost single minded in it’s desire to overpower the pallet with the red-hot and habanero peppers. There was a nice smoke volume the entire time. Purging only took some harshness away, which made the peppers easier to decipher.

Overall Finish: 7 of 10

Not much I can say positive here. This cigar was one track minded in the peppers and very strong nicotine. The finish was not very pleasant that had my head spinning almost from the start and left my stomach trying to keep things in check.

Summary: 7 of 15

This stick lasted me 82 minutes, putting it down with a good 2" remaining as I could not stomach the strength any longer and there probably was going to be more of the same peppery profile that grew tiresome. Way to strong a cigar that I would call average in it’s profile and would say weak in the complexity department. I would not consider buying this cigar and did not like this one much at all. Was a very interesting experience in smoking this stick. I would estimate cost around the $10 buck range. Thanks for sharing this cigar with me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this was something very entertaining to follow!

Congratulations to everybody!

NOW tell us what was that winning stick!!! :devilhead
I have been waiting for it long enough! :angerhead :devil: :widemouth

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yessir, congrats to you Clay, you are the big wiener (as usual). The first stick of yours was a righteous cigar and was well aged.

the winning stick was a Montecristo #1 with about 10 years of age.

I will post his last stick, but it did knock me on my ass. I smoked that Opus for over an hour and did let it go with maybe 2" remaining, so I did try to smoke it all.
There ya go

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
PM sent yesterday to the winners.

Working on some things for Clay already.

Nick wants me to donate the cash to St. Jude but to mail him the cigars. working on this as requested.

Not heard back from Irritech as of yet what his wishes are.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I've been back, took a break from here a few days to clear my head. I smoked one stick last week, just not posted the results yet. Should get another 1 or 2 this weekend (wife and our 13th anniversary, so I :dunno:)

Best single stick contest is correct. I asked for 1 or 2 from each player like Clay says. Best single stick by points wins. I have a tie breaker too, just not sure I posted that and don't want to read all the posts yet. Flavor profile was #1 breaker and I forget the other.

Jmatkins, Above was my post #238 that explained the tie breaker very briefly. The flavor profile was the tiebreaker.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Positive TC given to all players as of yesterday.

Tobby4 - winnings were received on Saturday.

Irritech - winnings have been ordered. should go by Monday.

Frankluke - as Nick requested, a donation for the cash part of his winnings was made to a charity of his choice and I doubled the amount that was originally offered as a prize. Still need to mail two of my sticks to the man.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Positive TC given to all players as of yesterday.

Tobby4 - winnings were received on Saturday.

Irritech - winnings have been ordered. should go by Monday.

Frankluke - as Nick requested, a donation for the cash part of his winnings was made to a charity of his choice and I doubled the amount that was originally offered as a prize. Still need to mail two of my sticks to the man.
Very unique contest Steve...and VERY nice reviews man. :yes:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Bump (for Asher kinda)

I was discussing blind tastes the other day and thought the Cabaiguan won. Actually it finished 2nd. An aged Montecristo #1 won the contest.

This was probably the longest contest done at BOTL.