What's new

Headley Grange problem

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I did see that link on the Padron. This was about the same woody feel like that video. This post wasn't to knock the stick just wanted to know if this was normal.
I didn't think you were knocking the stick. The word "normal" did create a little confusion for me. I figured you meant one of two things. 1) are these sticks frequently plugged. 2) is this the "way" these sticks are supposed to be.
Clearly from time to time our going to get plugged cigars. It's inherent. But good production followed by proper storage can help a lot.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 2 unsmokable CH's I mentioned...

I smoked them the day I bought them, I also didn't take a dry pull beforehand, and probably could have dry boxed them first.

That being said, I never dry pull or dry box, many times I will smoke a cigar day of purchase.

Just wanted to acknowledge there are solutions to remedy this before you light it. I however would prefer to not have to take those steps, but things happen.

2 in a row was just pure chance in reality, in my head though it was like an omen to not spend money on those until I feel like vhancing it again.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
This was one stick I just couldn't get any luck with. ..I smoked 4 of the original release. ..3 were unsmokable and one was fantastic. I gave up...

Rating - 77.8%
8   2   0
As you can probably tell, my favorite stick is a JD Howard...with CH being my fav brand. That being said, I've smoked a few HG in my time lol. As with every brand I have smoked, there has been a construction issue from time to time. This can be chalked up to be a handmade product. Some brands have more issues than others for sure because of the quality of their rollers and all that. As far as "normal" goes, I can attest to the issues not being normal. CH is top notch on all levels of quality, and customer relations. Give it another chance and I think you will be pleased.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had construction problems with headley and four kicks, also had very good examples of both. Never smoked a bad JDH, also my favorite of the three esp the H46

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wicket - I just came across this thread (sorry for the delay in responding).

1. The 'dark tobacco' you see at the foot is ligero (Nica). I would've like to have seen it rolled closer to the middle; however, 'dark tobacco' is not unusual when it comes to ligero.
2. As far as 'draw' goes, I've always found this attribute to be very subjective--what's 'firm' to one is 'plugged' to another.

At the end of the day, though, all that matters to me/us is that you are satisfied with your purchase of our cigars. I am more than willing to replace /any/ cigar that was deemed as 'inferior.' That goes for /anyone/ on this forum.

I am available 24/7. My direct email address is: Huber@CrownedHeads.com.

Please let me know how I may be of service.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

1. The 'dark tobacco' you see at the foot is ligero (Nica). I would've like to have seen it rolled closer to the middle; however, 'dark tobacco' is not unusual when it comes to ligero.
2. As far as 'draw' goes, I've always found this attribute to be very subjective--what's 'firm' to one is 'plugged' to another.

At the end of the day, though, all that matters to me/us is that you are satisfied with your purchase of our cigars. I am more than willing to replace /any/ cigar that was deemed as 'inferior.' That goes for /anyone/ on this forum.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Thanks for the response and clarification Jon.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

This post just made me order a box of drumsticks dammit LoL

Rating - 100%
156   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Thanks for the reply. I'll try a few more just knowing what a standup guy you are.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enjoyed quite a few CH cigars. Not a regular occurance for there to be an issue. Never had any draw problems, maybe a couple burn issues over 30 cigars or more. Never had to pitch a CH. I think all 3 of there brands are well above average products, personally some of my favorites.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start smoking Swisher Sweets if I knew that Jon Huber was d'man behind them. Thank God that's not the case!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
THIS is why I smoke Crowned Heads cigars. Completely responsive, accountable and all about customer service. Jon Huber, you are a throwback....and that's a compliment!