What's new

Heads Up Michigan Peeps

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey! Yes I did get the cabinet at $325, picked it up yesterday, just fit in the back of my car. It seems to be in good working order and cosmetically very clean. Oddly, the glass top doesn't seem to be affixed in any way other than a slight pressure fit in to the wood. The glass actually fell out on to the ground when loading it but thankfully didn't break. I dont know how well the glass fitting in that way will hurt the seal but I am not too concerned. I had emailed the manufacturer about specs prior to bidding to determine if I could even get it in my car/load it myself but there was a couple of guys from everything but the home there and one helped me carry it. I carried it myself to the basement at home and scraped the walls a couple of times, haha.

I am looking to get replacement wicks from Avallo for the humidity canisters as the ones in the unit have a little mold or mildew or something, once I get that it's seasoning and loading up time. It will be nice to get from 8 Tupperware containers and two desktops down to one high class unit.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, even if maybe I wasn't the Michigan peep you may have had in mind, especially since I am a Buckeye, haha.

Oh yeah, and the homeowner was there when I picked it up and he is a cc guy, gave me a one of the hdm limited editions to take, plan to light it up this weekend if weather permits.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still an OSU fan! I moved to MI in 2012 from Columbus.
Good luck with your new "toy"

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I'm still an OSU fan! I moved to MI in 2012 from Columbus.
Good luck with your new "toy"
Yeah, I'm an osu fan too, and was a student there briefly (freshman year, didn't spend much time studying). Living in Toledo is weird though, it's Ohio but pretty evenly divided among OSU/UM fans. Funny that both current head coaches were born in my hometown six Minto apart at the same hospital.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah, I'm an osu fan too, and was a student there briefly (freshman year, didn't spend much time studying). Living in Toledo is weird though, it's Ohio but pretty evenly divided among OSU/UM fans. Funny that both current head coaches were born in my hometown six Minto apart at the same hospital.
Well I feel a wager coming the last week in November #GoBlue

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Hey! Yes I did get the cabinet at $325, picked it up yesterday, just fit in the back of my car. It seems to be in good working order and cosmetically very clean. Oddly, the glass top doesn't seem to be affixed in any way other than a slight pressure fit in to the wood. The glass actually fell out on to the ground when loading it but thankfully didn't break. I dont know how well the glass fitting in that way will hurt the seal but I am not too concerned. I had emailed the manufacturer about specs prior to bidding to determine if I could even get it in my car/load it myself but there was a couple of guys from everything but the home there and one helped me carry it. I carried it myself to the basement at home and scraped the walls a couple of times, haha.

I am looking to get replacement wicks from Avallo for the humidity canisters as the ones in the unit have a little mold or mildew or something, once I get that it's seasoning and loading up time. It will be nice to get from 8 Tupperware containers and two desktops down to one high class unit.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, even if maybe I wasn't the Michigan peep you may have had in mind, especially since I am a Buckeye, haha.

Oh yeah, and the homeowner was there when I picked it up and he is a cc guy, gave me a one of the hdm limited editions to take, plan to light it up this weekend if weather permits.
No problem brother. I do enjoy EBTH and I am glad I was able to connect a BOTL to this. It was a great price on a great looking humidor. As for the glass not being secured down, I have a similar unit, but made by vigilant and the glass piece is not sealed down as well. It's a pretty heavy piece and haven't had any humidity issues with it.

Glad it worked out and pretty cool that you met the owner.