What's new

Healthy Snack Food Ideas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was our diet plan, and it worked great in the past. Need to get back to it again, but counting calories was a major help. I used FitDay software to help out with the counting and by making yourself accountable for every single thing you eat. Thinking twice about each food made us
I´ll second that.

Use a tool that is fun for you, either an app, a moleskin with a nice pen...

My wife prefers paper, has a book to look up cals, i use VidaOne fitness on PC and my HTC HD2.

Main thing in my opinion is being aware of what you eat, reading the labels of food and so on.

It´s sometimes surprising how much energy is in some foods (and how few in others)...

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Low Fat Yogurt and Fiber One Bars are what I use. Also a Whey Protein powder is a great idea to use as a meal replacement. The Weight Watchers shakes are another good one to go with. Also throw in a multi-vitamin and Mega T green Tea is a good supplement to use.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Last year was a big diet year for me lost 60 lbs. Have since put some back on so its back to eating healthier again.

Try mixing ranch dip in your cottage cheese. I don't like cottage cheese but this hits the spot. Maybe use a half package of the ranch mix or a tbs or two till you get the flavor you like. I use fat free cottage cheese. I dip veggies in it and also eat low fat crackers with it.
I bought thin rosemary flat crackers from Costco and love those, with some hummus or the laughing cow cheese.
I am trying to cut out almost all processed foods and just eating clean per say.
Get the biggest loser cookbooks. They have so many good things in there and great ideas.

Good luck, make it a lifestyle change and not a diet and you will get better results.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Snickers, potato chips, ice cream.... >pop< I was dreaming!

Carrots are good...I am diabetic and my endocrinologist recommends South Beach breakfast bars.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
My favorite breakfast snack is fat free vanilla yogurt with some low fat flavored yogurt. Mix in some granola or fiber one type cereal and wha la. Good breakfast snack.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Laughing cow low fat cheese triangles on celery. Raw almonds. Check out the SOuth Beach Diet. It was a life changer for me now four years

cubancigarman

CRA/NRA MEMBER
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I drink about 8 glasses of water too, tired of going piss all the time that is for sure.
amen to that. Get's real old. i do burn more calories walking to the restroom on the opposite side of the building all day.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Jud=st wanted to mention one thing. I see a lot of people talking about almonds and other nuts. They are a great source of protein but still must be taken in moderation because of the calories.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I like Yoplait French Vanilla yogurt. This is a good between meal type item.

Trying to eat nuts in moderation.

Chuck, we like the Laughing Cow cheese, just need to buy some of that.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may also want to try to count calories, fat, protein, and carbs. This may help you nail down some of the healthier options, and to see where you are with intake. The nuts may surprise you with the amount of calories and fat.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
6:30am Breakfast was one large bowl Special K® Vanilla Almond Cereal with 1% milk. 3 cups of coffee with sugar and half and half. (I use to eat 1.5 bowls and 5-6 cups of coffee)

10:15am snack was cashews maybe 2oz (2 palms worth or so) with two 12oz glasses of water between breakfast and lunch.

12:15 Lunch today was half size my normal portion chicken/rice/black bean/rice/cheese leftovers from dinner with Dole Tropical Fruit cup and water. 2 glasses of water more. I feel 2/3 full like always. Plan on an Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Clif bar for snack at 3:30 with more water.

Eating more often with less food = never quite full but never bloated nor starving.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a smoothie, 1 cup of Kiefer, 1 cup of frozen barries, 1 tblsp of flax seed oil, 1tblsp of suger free jam,or Agave Nectur. Makes a great snack, or breakfast meal. Also sounds bad but I've been doing the 17 day diet, and have lost 16lbs in 14 days, go to the web site, wife seen this on the Doctors, and Dr. Phil

Byron

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'll echo the others and say bananas, grapes, cottage cheese. Experiment mixing the cottage cheese with other things you like. I've found it goes great with yogurt, applesauce, or dipping wheat thins in it. Just try different combos to add a little variety. Also, try peanut butter. It's a great source of protein.
Try to reconsider your stance on carrots, etc. Carrots, brocolli and cauliflour (sp?) Are really good with some low-fat ranch.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
So far the healthy type foods are working really well. Those Fiber One and even the Kelloggs Fiber Plus bars are OUTSTANDING to eat as a snack/meal or to replace the urge to eat a desert.

I am still eating much smaller meals and more often during the day with loads of water. Hitting the gym 4 times a week on average.

I have lost 12 lbs this month and moved my end of year goal weight to June 1st to keep myself motivated. Original goal was 43lbs in 12 months, now will be roughly 30 more lbs. in 4 months (Feb 1 till June 1), this goal is attainable at the rate I am going per the gym people.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
1st off drink water right before eating.
as for snack
Get Raw: Almond, Sunflower Seeds & Pumpkin seeds.
Roast them and salt them yourself (that way you can control the salt - measure it)...
Have a handfull as needed.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Freeze dried fruit is amazing if you can find it:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Crunchies-Strawberries-1-Ounce-Pouches-Pack/dp/B000EDGBDI/"]Crunchies Strawberries, 1-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/610J3AfVRAL.@@AMEPARAM@@610J3AfVRAL[/ame]

Its not cheap but low calorie and no sugar added.

Also Pirate's Booty:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Booty-White-Cheddar-1-Ounce/dp/B000JIN1H2"]Pirate&#39;s Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qLfRdpDsL.@@AMEPARAM@@51qLfRdpDsL[/ame]

Edamame beans or fresh string beans are a good snack too.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Middle last week had a 6 week weigh in. The goal was 10 pounds in 6 weeks, I actually lost 20 pounds. I been going to the gym 4x a week, changed what I eat, and try to eat 5 times a day but less food then I would normally eat. So far keeping those healthy snacks at the office vs cookies and chips has helped quite a lot. Thanks for the ideas folks. Next 6 week weight loss is another 10 pounds and 2% body fat.