What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

jam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to heartfelt industries web site they have a calculator so you put the lenth and width and it tells you how much beads
You need

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes, I would. The tubes, assuming you got enough,will maintain the rh alone. Added media (guessing its a foam type unit) will probably cause the beads to absorb humidity. I would use the beads only and charge them ass directed.
yup its the foam type, and I ordered 1 more of the sticks then recommended, so there is 2 on bottom and 2 on top
When I was using 2 sticks in my tupperdor, I would spray one to about 90% soaked and keep the other dry. They fed off of each other pretty well. Just a suggestion. But I would do away with the foam.

There are also videos online about using the housing from the foam for holding the beads if you wanted to go that route.

But I would use the sticks to keep a nice even rh throughout.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If you go to heartfelt industries web site they have a calculator so you put the lenth and width and it tells you how much beads
You need
yup that is what I used it called for like 2.89 sticks so I baught 4 of them

Yes, I would. The tubes, assuming you got enough,will maintain the rh alone. Added media (guessing its a foam type unit) will probably cause the beads to absorb humidity. I would use the beads only and charge them ass directed.

yup its the foam type, and I ordered 1 more of the sticks then recommended, so there is 2 on bottom and 2 on top
When I was using 2 sticks in my tupperdor, I would spray one to about 90% soaked and keep the other dry. They fed off of each other pretty well. Just a suggestion. But I would do away with the foam.

There are also videos online about using the housing from the foam for holding the beads if you wanted to go that route.

But I would use the sticks to keep a nice even rh throughout.
ok I will take the foam out and just use the tubes Thanks and that is a good idea maybe put a 90% on top and on bottom then 1 each with a little less moisture and see what it does

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using these beads for about 7 or 8 years. I recently had to replace them, I was maintaining my humidor for a handful of years but not smoking them. My Hygrometer had dad but I was adding water to my sponge system every couple weeks. Anyway, then I got back into smoking I got a new hygrometer. My beads at this point were all brown colored. I tested them by removing them from the humidor and setting them on the table for a few days... in MN, in the winter... where it's dry as a bone. No change in the opacity of the beads.

But I got them 7 years ago!

Awesome product.

I use the nylon bag method... beads on one side. And a finger sized sponge on the other where I add 5-10ml distilled water when ended. Theory is the beads will draw the water from the sponge across the humidor.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
They usually come good to go. They turn white as they dry, but you don't want them all clear. General consensus is about 70% clear, that gives you some capacity to absorb humidity if you add some "wet" smokes or the 'Dor is just running high. If there's more white than clear just give them a couple of sprays of distilled water.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
They come partially humidified. But need to add enough distilled water until 75% of the beads are clear
Do the beads come humidified? There is a mix of white a clear beads, mine came in the mail today.
Do the beads come humidified? There is a mix of white a clear beads, mine came in the mail today.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I got the bags to hold them in can you wet them through the bags or would it be better to put the 1.5 lbs in a tuber ware container? More surface area.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I got the bags to hold them in can you wet them through the bags or would it be better to put the 1.5 lbs in a tuber ware container? More surface area.
I don't know about better or worse because I've never used the bag, but I have mine in a thin layer in one of those rectangle plastic take-out dishes and works perfectly. Ended up with about a 3/4 inch layer of beads. I just give em one or two sprays and a little shake every couple of weeks. Been holding steady at 65 for about 6 months.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a half pound of 65% beads in a large tupperdor. The beads have been in there maybe two weeks and its staying at 70%. My cigars were sitting at a pretty high RH (around 72) before this so is it normal for it to take some time to stabilize to the bead rating? I'm guessing the cigars have to naturally come down to the 65% of the beads.

I have two digital meters that are reading the same. So I don't think they need to be calibrated. I may do that again anyway though.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
i took mine out of the bags and put them in two small containers. it was more of a hassle than convenience. mine holds humidity when the wine cooler is not running.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Air movement will cause a change in RH but it should bounce back to the designated RH (time to bounce back depends on quantity and surface area of beads). I use the 70% and was originally not getting up to 70%. Then I reread the website and did a search for some pictures to get an idea of what it should look like. I then made sure @ 3/4 were clear and the rest were white(it) and haven't looked back since.
The more beads you have the faster your RH will bounce back after opening the door. I increased mine to 2# which is overkill for my little 18 bottle wineador but Ill tell ya what.... that 70% RH comes back within 15 minutes and sticks.
I can tell when the fan kicks on too because it will drop a couple RH then level out again.

Oh... I keep my beads in a plastic container from Bed Bath and Beyond. It was big enough to take up the bottom portion of the wineador and allowed for a greater surface area. Check these out: OXO Good Grips Green LockTop Containers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using 50/50 solution with a sponge humidifier and some humi-care products. My humidity was all over the place, so I recently purchased the heartfelt 65% beads, and I'll be removing the other humidification devices. My question is, having used 50/50 solution, and heartfelt requiring only distilled water, will it be safe to put the heartfelt beads in my humidor straight away? Or will the existing humidity conditions cause the beads to clog?