What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They do, but only risk I ever heard was beads cracking. I never had that issue and I grew impatient with droppers/spritzers many years ago.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks back...they cleaned up nicely though...no harm detected so far. Mine was in a coolerdor.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am using the Exquisicat silica crystal litter (about $13 for 8 pounds) and I am pegged at 67% rh, just where I want to be.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this is was originally posted years ago, but thanks to the OP. This information has been crucial for me. I now have an idea why it's hard for me to maintain my humidity, it appears as though I need more beads according to the cubic feet calculation provided.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I reaches out to Heartfelt several days ago to see if they wanted to help support my troop smokes I have out here in Afghanistan. We are in need of humidity. But have yet to receive a reply. Anyone know how long it takes them to get around to their emails?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
They do ship for free to military which is a great help, try OP cigars for warriors the bovedas work best down range I know from experience!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I reaches out to Heartfelt several days ago to see if they wanted to help support my troop smokes I have out here in Afghanistan. We are in need of humidity. But have yet to receive a reply. Anyone know how long it takes them to get around to their emails?
From the top of their website

"Its that time of year again!

Heartfelt Industries will be closed from Thursday April 25th at 11:00 AM until Monday May 20th.

As an apology for the closure all orders placed while we're gone will receive a 15% discount on their entire order. All order placed during the closed period will ship ASAP after we re-open.
"

I am currently waiting on my order to ship, since I got it in just after the 25th.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am using the Exquisicat silica crystal litter (about $13 for 8 pounds) and I am pegged at 67% rh, just where I want to be.
I have been running Exquisicat for about a month maybe a little more now. Mine has been keeping right at 65%. every now and then it will drop down to 64% but for the most part it stays at 65%. I really like using the Exquisicat. it is easier to maintain and it holds the RH better. However I am still unsure of how often I should change out the Litter and how much littler to actually use. My humidor only holds 50 cigars. But considering that it is holding at 65% RH i'd say I am doing pretty good. lol

Heath

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For a long time my 12bottle vino was stable at 65% with 1lb of 65% beads. Beads were looking dry, so I sprayed them until about 75% were clear. After that the rh drifted up to 68-70% rh and stayed there for a long time. Ive been having some burn and draw issues lately. My beads were a few years old and had yellowed so I decided to just buy a new pound.

I just got a new pound of 65% beads, spread out into two mesh bags. I did not hydrate them, just put them in as received...about 30% of the beads were clear. After two days, rh has not moved - still 69-70%.

Other pertinent info:
Ambient temp is ~71 deg, vino is not plugged in. Drain hole is plugged. Two digital hygrometers...both just calibrated with a boveda kit.

How long can I expect the beads to absorb the extra rh?

Any suggestions? Photo for reference...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
glad I found this thread. I just placed and received my order (3 tubes) a few days ago, was very eager to get the tubes into my humidors. However, when I opened the first package, apparently the cap to the tub was coming loose and when I took the tube out, I suppose the weight of the beads knocked the tube fully off and they spilled all over my floor. Now I did not sweep them up but instead thought they were just lost so I vacuumed them up, and I sent an email (response to my order confirmation) to heartfelt. Hoping to hear back tomorrow, as right now 1 of the tubes is only about 1/2 full (and feels as if the beads are breaking, there's small pieces coming out?)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My 65% beads have been in my vino for 7 days now with no change in RH (stable at 70%). Majority of the beads are white. No real change in ambient conditions. If I turn the vino on and get the fan running a little the RH drops to ~60%. Once I turn it off, the RH slowly drifts back up to 70% and stabilizes.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Maybe put some dry kitty litter in the bottom. UNSCENTED!
Isn't that the point of the dry beads? To absorb the excess moisture? Why can't the HF beads do that? Isn't that *exactly* their purpose....? :confused:

I added a box about...2-3 weeks ago. The problem has been present since before then.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use Purified water to spray my HF beads? Isn't Purified water the same as Distilled water; same end result reached by different processes?
Also, I purchased a Caliber IV hygrometer. Outside of Salt test (which I won't be doing) and the Boveda calibration kit which I ordered and am
awaiting, is there any other way to calibrate my hygrometer safely?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Purified water removes minerals...distilled water removes bacteria and minerals it's a process done with heat...I would stick with distilled water just cause....As far as calibration ...I've only done salt test