What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I have some 70rh beads that were gifted to me. I use them in LARGE Tupperdors full of cigar boxes. No matter what I do, the rH in my bins ends up around 73% or so which is too wet for me (I'd actually prefer closer to 65%). I've tried putting more beads in, putting less in, etc.

Right now I have fewer beads in that I'd consider correct, but still have 73%. I'm just propping open the lids slightly to let some of the humidity out and keep it closer to 70%.

Any thoughts? I had been considering getting a bunch of 65% beads, but am hesitant at this point.

Thanks!
How new are the cigars and your Tupperdor and have you calibrated your hygrometer recently?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oneaday beat me to it. Check the accuracy of your hygrometer to see if what it is telling you is correct.
Tested the hygro and things are worse than what they first seemed. My hygro was reading 71-72% using the salt test.

That means it's actually 73-74% RH with my 65% RH beads.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brothers,
Give
Please, how many ml of water, you wheel beads? For example how many ml of water goes to 2 ounces?
It is ml please

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Brothers,
Give
Please, how many ml of water, you wheel beads? For example how many ml of water goes to 2 ounces?
It is ml please
I don't measure how much distilled water I use. I use a spray bottle and wet them until 75% of the beads are clear and 25% of the beads are still white.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just dampen paper towel, use the paper towel to add moisture to the beads. REMEMBER, Use only DISTILLED water. The beads should be clear when they have absorbed the proper amount of moisture. They should NOT be soaked or soaking wet at any time during this process. If using a "spritzing" bottle, make sure to rinse well with DISTILLED water before spraying the beads. The beads will give up moisture to maintain the humidity. When the amount of "cloudy" beads out number the "Clear" beads, it's time to add more moisture to them. DISTILLED water only.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I take the spray --
becomes wet throughout the apartment,
and glass beads are transparent all! So I want to know the exact dosage.

I don't measure how much distilled water I use. I use a spray bottle and wet them until 75% of the beads are clear and 25% of the beads are still white.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just dampen paper towel, use the paper towel to add moisture to the beads. REMEMBER, Use only DISTILLED water. The beads should be clear when they have absorbed the proper amount of moisture. They should NOT be soaked or soaking wet at any time during this process. If using a "spritzing" bottle, make sure to rinse well with DISTILLED water before spraying the beads. The beads will give up moisture to maintain the humidity. When the amount of "cloudy" beads out number the "Clear" beads, it's time to add more moisture to them. DISTILLED water only.

I have also used a small plastic bottle with a "drip" or "Drop" spout. For a ten ounce(283 grams) tube I generally use 4 to six "drops" of DISTILLED water.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me please, and it is impossible to measure exactly how much it ml? For example syringe measure?
I have also used a small plastic bottle with a "drip" or "Drop" spout. For a ten ounce(283 grams) tube I generally use 4 to six "drops" of DISTILLED water.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Heartfelt Industries recommends to wet the beads with a spray bottel until 75% are clear and 25% are white.

Do a search on "hearfelt beads" and you will find a post by Viper139 with additional information on the beads.

Удачи

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not able to find his theme ((

Heartfelt Industries recommends to wet the beads with a spray bottel until 75% are clear and 25% are white.

Do a search on "hearfelt beads" and you will find a post by Viper139 with additional information on the beads.

Удачи

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am not a man of rain - I understand it, but beads packed whatever syringes.
Dude...post in Russian. A few of us can read Russian but no one can read the above. :grin: The above sounds like a very twisted ancient Japanese haiku - as translated by a methhead.

We really do want to help out out here... :thumbsup:

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Я хотел узнать сколько мл нужно чтобы заправить одну унцию бусин? Просто хочу вливать в них определенное количество воды, потому что "примерно" у меня не получается - вскоре все бусины становятся прозрачными, а не 70 %.

Dude...post in Russian. A few of us can read Russian but no one can read the above. :grin: The above sounds like a very twisted ancient Japanese haiku - as translated by a methhead.

We really do want to help out out here... :thumbsup:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Any idea when the bulk 65% beads will be back in stock?

And one more question (forgive me if this is posted elsewhere already). I have a large tupperdor and am wondering WHERE to place the beads...does it matter? I have them in one of the mesh bags that you guys sell.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Я хотел узнать сколько мл нужно чтобы заправить одну унцию бусин? Просто хочу вливать в них определенное количество воды, потому что "примерно" у меня не получается - вскоре все бусины становятся прозрачными, а не 70 %.
Translation:
"I wanted to know how many ml are required to charge one oz. beads. I just want to pour a certain amount into the beads, because "an approximate amount" isn't wokring for me - all the beads turn clear, and not 70%"

I think the problem comes from "pouring" the water, instead of "spraying." If possible, get a "spray bottle" (like you would use to spray a house plant)...that should work a lot better. I think that if you try to spray, you'll find that you get the 70% coverage that you are looking for.

Hope that helps...pm if not.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Any idea when the bulk 65% beads will be back in stock?

And one more question (forgive me if this is posted elsewhere already). I have a large tupperdor and am wondering WHERE to place the beads...does it matter? I have them in one of the mesh bags that you guys sell.

Thanks!
I second that question