What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The humi devices for small humidors that Heartland sells used to come with a syringe to measure the amount of water. You injected just the right amount. I would think that based on that our bead man could tell him how many mil to put in X pounds of beads.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I second that question
I'll answer both of your questions.

The 65% beads will be back in stock the end of this week.

As far as a tupperdor goes the location of the beads is not really important. The tupperdor is so air tight the box will be pretty even no matter where they are put.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It takes approximately 25 ml per pound to get the beads to about 80% of them hydrated. The thing is there is really never an exact ml or ounces of distilled water to re-hydrate them since the amount of distilled water would depend on the hydration level of the beads when you start to add distilled water. This is the reason I state just add enough to make roughly 80% of the beads clear with some left white or opaque.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Everon I have responded to your email and PM so you should have the answer there as well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
One more question :)

Right now I'm using tupperdors, but at some point I would like to get a large cabinet. Will the beads work well in a large cabinet situation, assuming I have the proper quantity of beads? I have 2 Oust fans as well to help circulate the air.

Thanks!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
One more question :)

Right now I'm using tupperdors, but at some point I would like to get a large cabinet. Will the beads work well in a large cabinet situation, assuming I have the proper quantity of beads? I have 2 Oust fans as well to help circulate the air.

Thanks!
I have a 30 cubic foot cabinet that I run with beads, works very well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I have a 30 cubic foot cabinet that I run with beads, works very well.

30 cubic feet! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm getting one.

And thanks for answering my question, I appreciate that.

At this point, all I need to decide is whether to go for all 65% beads or have some 65% and some 70%.

hmmm...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 48qt coolerdor that has 5 various sized cedar boxes in it and maybe 40 singles.

I salt-tested my hygro and it turns out my coolerdor has been running at 73% in the past.

I bought a pound of the 65% heartfelt beads, and half of them have been sitting in the coolerdor for a few weeks now, but haven't brought the humidity down much. Humidity has been running almost exactly 70% every time I've opened the lid.

Is it possible the 65% beads I got are actually 70%?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a 48qt coolerdor that has 5 various sized cedar boxes in it and maybe 40 singles.

I salt-tested my hygro and it turns out my coolerdor has been running at 73% in the past.

I bought a pound of the 65% heartfelt beads, and half of them have been sitting in the coolerdor for a few weeks now, but haven't brought the humidity down much. Humidity has been running almost exactly 70% every time I've opened the lid.

More than likely not, it takes a long time for the moisture to come out of the contents of the humidor and until the moisture comes out the hygrometer will show higher than you want. Removing rh is a slower process than adding.

If it is still high in a few weeks let me know.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I purchased a 1 ounce 65% humidy tube a few weeks ago, my humidy fluctuates from 69-74%.
I also purchased a adjustable hygrometer and calibration kit. I could not get adjusted to 75%. It would get to 73%, I would adjust it 1 click and put it back in the bag and it would read 80%. I would adj. it back 1 click and back in the bag and it would read 73%. So I left it calibrated at 73%, close enough. I keep my cigars in a tupperdore and it stays about 67 degrees in the cabnet I keep it in. I'll check it and it will read 76%. I'll set the tupperdore in the room and it will warm up to 71 and humidity will drop to 71%. Maybe the hygrometer is not working right?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I purchased a 1 ounce 65% humidy tube a few weeks ago, my humidy fluctuates from 69-74%.
I also purchased a adjustable hygrometer and calibration kit. I could not get adjusted to 75%. It would get to 73%, I would adjust it 1 click and put it back in the bag and it would read 80%. I would adj. it back 1 click and back in the bag and it would read 73%. So I left it calibrated at 73%, close enough. I keep my cigars in a tupperdore and it stays about 67 degrees in the cabnet I keep it in. I'll check it and it will read 76%. I'll set the tupperdore in the room and it will warm up to 71 and humidity will drop to 71%. Maybe the hygrometer is not working right?
PM me your real name and I will send out a replacement hygro, sounds fishy to me.

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've been spraying my beads 65% with DH20 now and every other day they are white and dry. I don't want to soak them but have been spraying them pretty good.

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Are these beads sold at any store? or on-line only?
also, how are these compared to the cigar mechanic beads? those are the only actual beads i've ever seen in cigar shops for sale.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
30 cubic feet! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm getting one.

And thanks for answering my question, I appreciate that.

At this point, all I need to decide is whether to go for all 65% beads or have some 65% and some 70%.

hmmm...
NJStone, why split between the two? I know common sense would seem to indicate you end up with an RH in the middle, but in reality wouldn't the 70 beads give off moisture until all the 65 % beads are saturated, then the only white beads would be of the 70% variety. I'm curious what Viper thinks.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I've been spraying my beads 65% with DH20 now and every other day they are white and dry. I don't want to soak them but have been spraying them pretty good.
Aren't you using a wine cooler? Is the cooler blowing your good humid air out, and bring in un humidified air? I wouldn't think it would, but the fridge should have a good seal otherwise right? I would say, stray them a bit morse, and maybe stir them up after you do. Either that or stop openinig the door every 5 minutes to see how they are doing.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Thanks Dave. I am also a satified customer. I especially thank you for the math equation. I had a difficult time with algebra in HS.:nodlaugh:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Aren't you using a wine cooler? Is the cooler blowing your good humid air out, and bring in un humidified air? I wouldn't think it would, but the fridge should have a good seal otherwise right? I would say, stray them a bit morse, and maybe stir them up after you do. Either that or stop openinig the door every 5 minutes to see how they are doing.
uhh dprice...that post is from like 4 months ago... it's almost quiting time bro hang in there...