What's new

Heartfelt beads suddenly not holding 65%

lambing

San Jose, CA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow - never thought I'd open such a can of worms...interesting, but still a can of worms.

Over the last few days the temperature and humidity readings have been in lockstep - 61 and 61, etc. Today both readings are 63. It is warming up a bit today, so I'll check the readings later this afternoon and let everyone know.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Prometheus said:
Wow, I just tripped across this thread... I thought I was in the debate room! :boxing: :bickering :argue: :riflefire :tazerblas

Thanks for speaking up Jason. Hope we didn't chase off River Rat. Gotta give the guy props for rising to the challange.

Soooo... how bout that smoke Tom?
It's funny how different you can come across sometimes when you don't actually speak to people...tone of voice, inflection and things of that nature are important to effective communication. In real life I'm an extremely laid back person lol.

I just don't like people givin out BS.

Think I"ll take that advice and have me a cigar tonight! :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jwrussell said:
Lambing, just to be sure. You have calibrated your hygro recently right?
Yea, this could be in order if you haven't. I'd reccomend the boveda packs for that.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You can still calibrate. If the known RH is 69% and yours reads 67, then you know to deduct 2 from the reading it shows. You the main thing is to know how it reads in relation to a KNOWN rh level.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What Prometheus said. A better term may have been "tested". Just make sure you know if your hygro is reading correctly. I've seen a ton of these types of threads end up with, "oh damn, I tested my hygro and it's +5% off!".

Just a thought. And yes, the boveda calibration kit is the best and easiest way to go.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Prometheus said:
You can still calibrate. If the known RH is 69% and yours reads 67, then you know to deduct 2 from the reading it shows. You the main thing is to know how it reads in relation to a KNOWN rh level.
Yeah...I have to subtract 5% from my hygro to get what the real rh is.