What's new

Heaters For Winter Cigar Smoking

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't click the link .. But if your talking about this one:

View attachment 56687

Then i would say no.. At most this is a garage heater .. And would not be able to withstand the could temperatures outside .. I'd go with the tank top heater
I've been using this type of heater for years and love it. They are good for temps 35 degrees and above but you need to sit close to them if you're using them outside. I use them for inside as well and they save me about 40% on my energy bill as we have zoned heating and cooling w/3 stories. If we ran the heat all winter I'd be broke so we keep one in the bedroom ( 18X24 and the other in the Great Room 20X30 that has a 22 foot ceiling...keeps us nice and toasty.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I use 2 of the Big Buddy heaters out in the garage unless the temps are higher than 20 degrees then I can get by with just one. One keeps my hand warm and the keeps the feet and legs warm. Can't wait till spring to get out on the deck!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This has treated me well for 3 seasons so far. I stick back end out garage, bring door down on top (helps greatly to keep noise down), crack door to backyard on opposite side of garage. I only use on level 1 or 2, it goes to 5 which is 110,000 BTU's! Built a table for my grill recently in garage and it was 9 degrees out, still kept between 1-2 on settings.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm thinking of just getting a cheap-o grill and burning a few pieces of charcoal and wood. Sucky part is that I'd have to wait for it to burn out. These Chicago winters can get brutal.
Anyone else use this geto method? =)
I thought about that before but seriously if your inside that can be a death wish with out proper ventilation. If your outside have at it! If you have the room and can get away with it just hit home depo and for about 80$ in brick you can build a fire pit!

I use a single burner on my propane tank. I use my propane in the summer for the grill and in the winter to heat my garage for herfin and working on the car. I have a local gasstaion that will fill my tanks for 20 a pop. I ll leave em on high for a few min to get them going then normally turn down to low and sit in a chair next to it. It takes the chill off and does well.