What's new

Hekthor Weibe Radiator a GrrReview

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I've been a huge fan of HWiebe's pipes for a few years now. Then one day I saw the Radiator come thru my IG feeds. I thought eh it's ok. Now I am a huge metal pipe fan. Own several now.

So fast forward to Chicago, Ian Barnes, aka newfiepipe, was showing me his Radiator. After he finished explaining it to me, damn good salesman, I had to have one. So I hit up Mike at the TPC table and picked out this one.

I stuck a pic up on IG and someone, can't remember who, asks me to do a review on BOTL. So here is a photo review of a HWiebe Radiator.

I packed this thing with MacBaren Plumcake. Plumcake is a ribbon cut Aromatic, Plumcake is ribbon cut English, depends on what website you read. To me, Plumcake is an Aromatic English. It's a Va/Bur with Cavendish and Latakia and is topped with Plum and Rum. Now this Plumcake is 20 years old.

I packed and lit and away we went.

The pipe felt a little odd at first but found myself either clenching or holding the pipe by the aluminium base. Very comfortably I might add.

The great thing about this pipe is you can unscrew the bowl in mid smoke if need be. Say you got a really gloppy aro, and need to clean the pipe to finish. Just saying.

Well my big ass wasn't paying much attention. I was just freight trainin' away and got the bowl a little to hot. No biggie, I was almost at the bottom anyway.

Unscrewed the bowl and set aside to cool and this is what was in the base if you can see by the pics.

Easiest pipe in the world to clean too. Run under tap water. That's it. The metal that is. Not the briar bowl. And believe it or not it passes a cleaner with ease.

Overall opinion I love this pipe. I would definitely buy again. At 140 bucks it's worth it just for ease of cleaning. And kinda cool to remove a burning bowl of baccy and see the smoke swirling around in the base.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Like I needed another pipe to lust after...

NOTE TO SELF: You don't even smoke the pipes you have. You don't even smoke your pipes period. You have two pipes you've never smoked. You do not need another pipe. You do not need this pipe.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wow, that's awesome, and I would have expected higher than $140 for it. I initially wondered about running a pipe cleaner through it, but you proved me wrong. I think it's really cool to have unique pipes like this in your collection.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Like I needed another pipe to lust after...

NOTE TO SELF: You don't even smoke the pipes you have. You don't even smoke your pipes period. You have two pipes you've never smoked. You clearly have not found the right pipe yet and need to keep looking. Perhaps this is the right pipe. You should purchase one and see.
Fixed it for you. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trippy. Has kind of an "opium den" look to it. I would actually be more comfortable smoking that in public than a standard pipe, because it doesn't have the typical grandpa vibe to it. It's almost sort of steampunk and would attract a lot of positive interest among younger people. Especially if coupled with a good aromatic tobacco.