What's new

Hello everybody, New smoker here

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
until I can figure out why my long reply won't show up, thanx to all of you for the hepl I got already,
I had this long thank you written up but it won't show, don't know what's going on.

thanx again for all help posted and anything else you can post.
I'll have to go and smoke one before work

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ok, guess it was a link I had in my post.

here we go
So I posted my intro late last night, around 3 am I guess, went to bed and when I woke up I thought it's time to check it. to my :jitb: ( surprise ) you guys were already busy helping a new guy, 2 pages of welcome, you guys must have been busy :computer: when I was sleeping.

Thank you to all the notes so far, thanx for taking some of the pressure off.
As to the Cubans, I agree, I'll wait, the good news is, they are real, I have known the guy for almost 12 years and he didn't offer them to me at all, I got referred to them so I got access the the "back room". All in all, just good to know they are there if I ever get a craving.

but for now, I will browse some of the sites you mentioned, I think if I could find a site that has many of the ones you mentioned, I could order a little package of 2-3 each to smoke one and save one..

I think it'll be at least 3 months before I'll have my cabinet, but then I can start aging some of them.

As far as hobbies go, I have an addictive personality, my other hobbies are woodworking and digital photography and saltwater aquariums and now I am getting hooked on this.

Soon I will have a little space set up on my photo sharing site.
you can check for the link in my profile,hehe

Stay tuned for my progress and thanx again for the great help so far.
I am a member on photography boards and it is soooo refreshing not to run into people argueing about their gear. you guys seem like a great bunch sharing a passion, I'll fit right in.

so now where's my :smokingbo

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
one of our brothers here is one of the mods at aquariumadvice.com

I just started another fresh water...

you will fit right in and seriously if you have any questions or anything then just ask... take it to PM if you want... just dont be scared

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
haha, yup, making bowls is my other addiction.
this is why I'll try my own cabinet, but of course now I am tempted to get a cooling/humidifying unit to build into it, why not go all out.:smile:

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
:welcome: Sacha

And I must say, WOW!! to your bowl making. Very nice pieces, and excellent photography as well.

Oh, and you can't go wrong with Padron.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
:welcome:

you've found an incredible place to harbor your new found hobby.

speaking as a newbie myself...all the brothers on this site have been incredible to me to help me usher in and broaden my horizons with this hobby as well.

the best advice I can give you has already been said: find what you like and smoke what you like! and definately don;t be afraid to be involved...everyone here is more than willing to lend a hand whenever you may need!:thumbsup:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I know there's alot to read here already, so I'll make this short. It sounds like and I might have somewhat of a similar taste right now. I really like the Excaliburs, Hemingways, and 1964s. A little stronger smoke to try is the Gurkha Legend. You can find them on cigarbid.com for $5 a stick. They are starting to get more popular and the price is starting to get higher on there. The MSRP is $17-$30.

I like the Rocky Patel Sun Grown as well. It has a very full flavor.

I would wait on the Opus Xs, Anejos and other super premiums for now. They are great smokes, but you want to get back into the experience of smoking before you go to that level. Wait until you can truly enjoy those. Right now you sound like you are enjoying the premium cigars well enough so don't step up to the super premiums just yet.

That;s just my 2 cents.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new here as well. Some of my favorite smokes include: Savanelli ELR, La Arora Perfididos, Fuentes, Partagas spanish Rosados, Cuesta-Rey centro fino SG, And For a cheap work cigar my fav are Gran Habano.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I am amazed at all the help I received. Thanx a million.
tonight I finished a A. Fuente 858, very nice, I was sitting on my patio, after walking my dogs and putting the fiancee to bed and just enjoyed the smoke and
so far, I have to say, the last 2.5" are always have been the best, almost to the point of getting sad that it'll soon be over, so I have to go to cbid and cigarsinternational and order a few different kinds to keep in my humidor to get ready for me.

even if I was to get the real super premium stuff, I wouldn't smoke it right now, I would just keep them around for the specail day.

This has been without a oubt the best welcome I have ever received on any forum, crap, my friends are not as nice and helpful.
Glad I found this group, and once I understand how I can be part of exchanges and group buys and what not, I would love to become a real member.

you guys rock.

I will browse the rest of the forum to get to know it better, see you guys around