What's new

Hello everybody, New smoker here

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
even if I was to get the real super premium stuff, I wouldn't smoke it right now, I would just keep them around for the specail day.
May I just say, smoke whatever you want whenever you want. We never know how long we will be around to enjoy it. I don't mean to sound morbid, my only point is cigars were meant to be smoked, not looked at. Sometimes we build up such an anticipation to a "special" smoke and the cigar can never live up to the hype. Just my 2 cents.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
yeah you are right, but I just finished my order from CI and whoever told me about that company just got me in trouble. you know who you are
Item Number/Description Qty Price Total
SP-TT04
Top-Tier #3 Sampler
SAMPLER OF 20
SP-CIDD09
Masterpiece Sampler
BOX OF 10
SP-FF33
Friday Night Fights: Primo Pandemonium
SAMPLER OF 10
SP-FF27
Friday Night Fights: Top-Shelf Tussle
SAMPLER OF 10
SP-CITP02
CI Taster Pack: Mild-Medium
BOX OF 10 CIGARS + CUTTER 1
SP-PROMO40
PROMO: Gurkha Mug - CASE/2
1 SET OF 2 MUGS [Web Orders>$150] 1 $0.00 $0.00
CI Singles (15 Cigars)
1 AVO XO Intermezzo (robusto)
2 CAO Black Bengal (toro)
2 CAO Brazilia Gol! (robusto)
2 CAO Criollo Pato (rothschild)
2 Gurkha Expedition Series Toro
2 Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
2 Padilla Miami 8&11 Corona
1 Punch Rare Corojo Magnum
1 Gurkha Legend Robusto

ok, I tracked a few of the recommended ones down, guess I'll let you guys know in 6 months which ones I enjoyed.

can't wait to try some of them

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
looks like youve got some pretty tasty choices on there. if you cant find anything you like out of that list....... you're SOL

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:welcome: Awesome post. Those RyJ's are great smokes, there are just so many incredible smokes that get more attention. So, so many good smokes on the market.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Glad I found this group, and once I understand how I can be part of exchanges and group buys and what not, I would love to become a real member.
The feeling is mutual...we'd love you to become a permanent member as well. :applause:

Oh yeah, and CI is evil :angryteet I spent thousands of dollars there last year!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Glad I found this group, and once I understand how I can be part of exchanges and group buys and what not, I would love to become a real member.
well in order to become a "real" member, you have to pay your dues.......
that will be $50.... you can send it to the addy in my profile..... :rolling:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I used to smoke cigars years ago, mostly smoke Davidoff 2000 and a few others but stopped about 10 years agosince I never had time to sit and relax.
Long story short, a friend of mine gave me a cigar, something he had made for him, I had it a while before I smoked it, but once I lit it, my passion came back and I really enjoyed the smoke a lot, the last time I was so relaxed was when I used to smoke hookah, but without that sugar sweet flavor. It just really tasted great. I finally ended up quitting cigarettes, I smoked a pack a day but just couldn't do that anymore, so I am looking for a better taste in my life.hehe. now I am lucky enough to have a great tobacco/cigar shop in the strip mall where I work. I walked in and asked for something to ease me into cigars, so I ended up with the Romeo y Julietta's reserva real and I enjoyed them very much. But browsing this forum I see you guys smoke everything but the RyJ's I smoke, so I got thinking that you guys know what you are doing.
Now here is my dilemma, I HAVE NO IDEA what I am smoking, or what else I should try, I had a Cuban Cohiba (which one I don't remember, I'll have to start tracking them better) and liked it, but for $26 for a fairly short cigar I just wanted to find a few alternatives I could try. I would love to have a few options
for lets say "during the week smokes in the range from $5-10 and weekend smokes from $10-30. And of course the special occasion cigar where price isn't really an issue if it's a good one.

Another thing, I bought a humidor, entry level, but soid wood and spanish cedar , good seal and I added a Diamondcrown unit in it to keep humidity stable.
Since I am an avid woodworker, I see a cabinet humidor like Avallo in my near future, I just bought 90 board feet of african mahogany for some furniture I am building, I am sure I'll have enough left for a nice 36x20x20 cabinet, just need to by some spanish cedar and get one of RonC's accumonitors.

here a few more questions:

how long should I keep a cigar in the humidor before I smoke it after I buy it.
right now I have a box of the RyJ's a few Padrons, a Padron 1964 anniversary, a A. Fuente Hemmingway and a 858. then a few more Davidoff's and a few Punch. again, I think besides the 1964 and the Hemmingway, the ones I have will probably be my during the week smokes, but how can I get a better Idea of what's out there. I downloaded a few lists of things to try, yes, I do want to try the Fuente Fuente Opus X and also a 1926 Padron, but my guy didn't have them right now.
He also get CC but I wouldn't even know where to start there, then once I get them, how long should they stay in my humidor before I could smoke them.

lets just say I am confused, but excited.
I just finished a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, I liked it a lot, but could I do better.........

pleas help a new guy, get me a few ideas and especially a few sites where I could buy great cigars, I already tried cigarbid.com and I have no idea about the cigars that are auctioned off.

HELP please.

and once I get into building a humidor cabinet, I will post about my progress.

thanx so much for your help and I hope to become a small part of what seems to be a really nice group of people..

Sascha
:welcome:

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sascha, I checked out your photos on pbase and they look great!!

Just one thing missing...CIGARS

Could doy try some shots of cigars?

Nice shots again.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice workshop Sascha. I see you have a Veritas chain drive vise on the end of the workbench. And is that a Laguna 18" bandsaw next to the 14" Jet?

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
haha, thanx, love my little workshop. I am building a desktop Humi right now out of solid bubinga with ebony corner inlays.

the vise is great and no, it's the 16HD Laguna Bandsaw.
that's always been enough for a 2car garage shop.

I only have about 120 cigars in my humidor right now, 30 are on backorder from CI.
I am debating to build my own cabinet humi, but I would love to have the cooling version, so I might just give RonC a call, the Avallo seem like a good deal. The only reason I would like to build my own cabinet is because I would love it to be a little more contemporary, not so cabinet like and maybe made from lacewood or Wenge.
we'll see, I will post a few pics once I have a few more of the really good smokes