What's new

Hello from Chicago

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello-

I'm a new member of BOTL and somewhat new to cigar smoking. A couple friends recommended that I join to learn much more about the "cult" that cigar smoking is. I tend to smoke medium or full bodied cigars, but respect the flavors of all strengths. It's hard to name my favorite smoke...but Tatuaje VI Artistas is one I puff quite a bit.

Looking forward to the conversations.

Jon

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:welcome: Jon, Greetings from North Carolina my brother and Welcome to the family! :welcome:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do not know Kockroach. Cuban Pete and the kid are friends of mine that recommended the site. I'm from Schaumburg...bout 20 miles directly west of Chicago.

Thanks for all of the greetings from everyone else!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I do not know Kockroach. Cuban Pete and the kid are friends of mine that recommended the site. I'm from Schaumburg...bout 20 miles directly west of Chicago.

Thanks for all of the greetings from everyone else!

Well welcome aboard... I'm about 25 minutes north of you on Route 12 between McHenry and Fox Lake there is a small ass town called Johnsburg. Where do you smoke in Shaumburg? I'm always baffled when I go there, it's either down Algonquin RD to some shops or hell I don't even know. Isn't there the Havana House on Algonquin RD right next to the expressway? It use to be in that strip mall in Shaumburg, right? I don't know just pickin' your brain.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Welcome to BOTL and let us know what you think after Terran's inquisition!! LOL :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well welcome aboard... I'm about 25 minutes north of you on Route 12 between McHenry and Fox Lake there is a small ass town called Johnsburg. Where do you smoke in Shaumburg? I'm always baffled when I go there, it's either down Algonquin RD to some shops or hell I don't even know. Isn't there the Havana House on Algonquin RD right next to the expressway? It use to be in that strip mall in Shaumburg, right? I don't know just pickin' your brain.
I know exactly where that is. My dad grew up in McHenry and grandmother still lives there. When I replied to your post I didn't realize you were from Illinois (didn't mean to insult your Ill mapping skills :) )Yes, I recently found out about Havana House and have been going there for a few weeks here and there. Schaumburg is pretty limited for cigar lounges. The place I used to go to (not mentioning any names here) turned out to be an arrogant prick.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Despite what my buddy Rich said, no inquisition, lol! A fellow McHenry man, love it! I think maybe part of the problem with cigar shops in Shaumburg might have something to do with the insane sales tax, holy moly! If you're ever looking for a great place and some fun guys to smoke with don't go to the burning leaf in Plainfield, IL:hysterica