What's new

Hello from Chicago!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from NJ! Love the Chi. As others have said previously, you can pick up Opus singles at Iwan Ries. I stopped by there in July and August and they had plenty. But that tax!

Not sure if I recall seeing a second lounge at Iwan Ries, I smoked there after buying a stick. Little tight but gets the job done. I've gone to Biggs too. If I recall they have a lounge area for people who purchase a smoke there and also another private/member area that cost a a day fee.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! Those from Chicago, thank you for the info on local places, etc. Y'all are a great bunch I can already tell. Thank you google for randomly plopping me on here haha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Welcome from the sw suburbs.
None by me really. . . Obviously there is Casa Montecristo, but that's almost an hour away for me.
Used to be one by Woodfield mall, but it's either closing or already closed. La vita in st Charles, but still a solid 30+ min drive for me. Been pretty happy with Binnys selections - each one seems to be slightly different

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Casa is a must and always has Opus. Just ask to get into the aging room.

Cigar lounge in Schaumburg was bought by Casa de Montecristo. Supposedly going to be doing a lot of renovating.
Since I've never been, mind answering a few noobie questions? If I remember correctly from the last time I read up, its byob? And there's a public lounge and a private lounge? Will they let you trial the private lounge or is there a membership or a day fee? Thanks!
It's been years since I've been there. I believe you needed to be a member for the private lounge. The public lounge was very small... reminded me of an old dentist's office waiting room. Great place though with a lot of history. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you are into pipes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from the sw suburbs. Casa is a must and always has Opus. Just ask to get into the aging room.

Cigar lounge in Schaumburg was bought by Casa de Montecristo. Supposedly going to be doing a lot of renovating.It's been years since I've been there. I believe you needed to be a member for the private lounge. The public lounge was very small... reminded me of an old dentist's office waiting room. Great place though with a lot of history. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you are into pipes.
I guess Casa is on my places to visit now! Thanks both of you. Hopefully I can make it to cigar lounge in the next week or 2 and check it, easier than going into the city for Ires. Still on the list though!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Made it into The Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg on Tuesday, their inventory is much improved over the last owners' stock, and lots of Opus variety, as well as several vitolas of Anejos as well. One of the owners, Jason, was wearing a Casa de Montecristo jacket, so that makes sense. Like Joe said, they say they are going to basically gut the place and start from scratch in the lounge.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Made it into The Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg on Tuesday, their inventory is much improved over the last owners' stock, and lots of Opus variety, as well as several vitolas of Anejos as well. One of the owners, Jason, was wearing a Casa de Montecristo jacket, so that makes sense. Like Joe said, they say they are going to basically gut the place and start from scratch in the lounge.
Great to hear, last time I went, it was really run down & meager selection. By far, the closest place to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an Anejo. That's basically an Opus X with a different wrapper?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Never had an Anejo. That's basically an Opus X with a different wrapper?
That is my understanding. Same filler and binder with the maduro wrapper. I generally prefer them to Opus, but I don't smoke a lot of either these days.

I'd be up for a pow wow at the Lounge if we can get it people together on a night I don't have a game.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my understanding. Same filler and binder with the maduro wrapper. I generally prefer them to Opus, but I don't smoke a lot of either these days.

I'd be up for a pow wow at the Lounge if we can get it people together on a night I don't have a game.
I prefer a Maduro wrapper anyways and a cheaper price tag? I'm sold! Except I still have to try an Opus myself.

Game?? I say we get the cigar crew together before Christmas! Definitely down to get to know some local brothers and getting acquainted with people here

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we have at least 3 of us now. What's the standard procedure to set this up? Do us Chicago guys have a special forum or do we post somewhere specific?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I make the post, let me get a feel. Whatcha guys think, first Saturday of December, which is the 2nd?