What's new

Hello from Indiana

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from Alabama

Just a couple of things:
First: Get a separate container to store infused cigars, Acids, in. I’m sure most here would advise against storing infused with non infused.

Second: Me personally, I’d get something besides the Flambeau case. Flambeau uses an anti rust technology to prevent rust forming on tackle or tools which those cases are primarily designed to store. It’s called Zerust & it’s those blue divider strips that are in the case. I’m not sure how it works or if it will have an effect on your Rh or your sticks, but I wouldn’t risk it.
View attachment 121600
Hey everybody thanks for the welcome messages! I didnt think the blondie was an infused one, I'll move it to my travel case or a ziplock, it's just for the beautiful lady I call my girlfriend. As far as the zerust I'll have to look into that, I've been using this case for 3 years without issue so far though

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from Alabama

Just a couple of things:
First: Get a separate container to store infused cigars, Acids, in. I’m sure most here would advise against storing infused with non infused.

Second: Me personally, I’d get something besides the Flambeau case. Flambeau uses an anti rust technology to prevent rust forming on tackle or tools which those cases are primarily designed to store. It’s called Zerust & it’s those blue divider strips that are in the case. I’m not sure how it works or if it will have an effect on your Rh or your sticks, but I wouldn’t risk it.
View attachment 121600
Just to follow up on this, I did some more research and the zerust is non toxic, colorless, odorless and is rated food safe by the FDA. I very much appreciate the thought though because I didnt realize even the blue tabs were zerust, oh and I moved the blondie lol

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi all, name is Kit, I'm a 911 EMT in the county that Purdue University is located in. I have been enjoying cigars for almost 8 years now. Significantly more so in the last year since I got divorced (no need to say sorry, much happier and healthier now).

I started with getting silly 5 packs of the full sized swisher sweets (8 years ago), stopped when I discovered what a good cigar is lol. Since that time I have learned to enjoy quite a few different brands and vitolas. I use a Flambeau Ultimate Tuff Tainer 5012 for my humidor, gave it a nice baking soda paste soak for a few days to pull the plastic smell out, threw in some boveda packs, burp it at least once a week if I haven't opened it to get a stick out to smoke, and the rest is history with it. Recently I picked up an Apache brand plane knock-off rugged case from Harbor Freight to use as a travel-dor, works nicely so for.

As far as my favorite sticks, I like pretty much anything other than Dominican puros, but my taste is coming around to liking them. I usually have some nice libre toros on hand as my go to budget cigar, really enjoying the Kristoff line right now, had a Padron 2000 for the first time the other day and I was quite happy with it. In the process of buying a house which the plan is to use half of the garage as a sitting area for burning the delicious tobacco sticks we all love. Have a few cigar box projects in the works for it which I will be sure to post pictures of.

Look forward to enjoying this forum!

Pic is what is currently in my humidor (if anyone has had that Bugatti let me know what to expect, I got them on a flash sale on CI for a buck).
Sounds about like me but black and milds in place of swisher sweets welcome from kcmo

Last edited:

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Stick around a while and you'll see how great this community really is.....you've only seen a little bit of it. The best is yet to come. ;)
I've been exploring for hours on end at work lol, I'm trying to stay out of the pipe thread, not that I dont want to try, i just spend enough on cigars as it is lol

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've been exploring for hours on end at work lol, I'm trying to stay out of the pipe thread, not that I dont want to try, i just spend enough on cigars as it is lol
Believe it or not, depending on the pipe tobacco blends, some are on the less expensive end depending on your palate. You can get a lone cigar for $12 or a 2 oz tin of tobacco for same price and last you a while depending on how much you smoke.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Believe it or not, depending on the pipe tobacco blends, some are on the less expensive end depending on your palate. You can get a lone cigar for $12 or a 2 oz tin of tobacco for same price and last you a while depending on how much you smoke.
On a night when the better half is working, now that I will have a garage, probably continuously for 12hrs lol

Two questions:
1. What have been your favorite cigars so far?

2. How interested in pipe tobacco are you?

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy
Favorites? I'm into the Kristoff line, the padron 2000, Maduro pretty much anything, hell really the only stick I have quit was an asylum 13, and an old as hell kuba kuba lol. As far as pipe, when i finally sell off all of my pokemon collection i unearthed after being stored for 18 to 20 years, I'll probably pick up a corn cob to play with. There is something regal about a pipe. I just cant go spending money currently since we are buying a house lol.