What's new

Hello from Rhode Island

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I am just overwhelmed you guys. Honestly, I had NO IDEA what a bomb would entail, I figured maybe like, a free subscription to cigar aficionado if they sponsored the forum or something, but this, this is incredible. This forum, is so generous and giving. I mean-- I joined here weeks ago and a bunch of regulars send me pretty much a free box of assorted cigars???????? I don't even know how to say thanks. But, I will, so, thanks, and I will be getting out some individual thank you PMs in a bit. My bomb is currently being stored in a ziploc with a boveda while my new humidor seasons.

Here is the new Waxing Moon that this bomb will be dropped in. I got the 150 count medium andromeda with every upgrade-- quilted maple, brazilian rosewood, i think maybe amboyna burl top panel, brass hinges, a locking system, boveda holder, I'm probably even forgetting some of the upgrades. Currently being seasoned with boveda packs after shooting this photo, and my smart sensor calibrated as you can see below (I will be doing the 2 step calibration as was recommended here). I can't speak to how well it holds humidity yet since it is currently being seasoned, but the construction seems flawless to the naked eye so I have high hopes-- I know there was some Waxing Moon drama on a different forum but my transaction with him was great, I have no complaints and he finished my humidor ahead of schedule.

I just can't thank you guys enough. I don't even know if the bomb is over, but already I have a nice chunk of leaves to throw in this new wooden box. This place is the complete opposite of every other forum on the internet in terms of how welcoming it is, and I think apesmokes put it well with his handwritten note when he said "we're all nuts".

Look forward to contributing more in the future! Since I'm too scared to order cubans online I won't be filing too too much of this bad boy up until June when I travel to Ireland for a bike trip with my wife and I have been told I should visit James Fox Cigars in Dublin to bring a few boxes home to throw in this thing so gotta save some room.

Thanks again guys!

IMG_0314.jpg IMG_0318.jpg

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
good to have you with us..................;)

set aside 75 to 150.00 for JJ Fox for a well aged Cuban.
This will get you a nice stick for research purposes.
Of course,you can spend a LOT more for a single if you want to..........

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, I am just overwhelmed you guys. Honestly, I had NO IDEA what a bomb would entail, I figured maybe like, a free subscription to cigar aficionado if they sponsored the forum or something, but this, this is incredible. This forum, is so generous and giving. I mean-- I joined here weeks ago and a bunch of regulars send me pretty much a free box of assorted cigars???????? I don't even know how to say thanks. But, I will, so, thanks, and I will be getting out some individual thank you PMs in a bit. My bomb is currently being stored in a ziploc with a boveda while my new humidor seasons.

Here is the new Waxing Moon that this bomb will be dropped in. I got the 150 count medium andromeda with every upgrade-- quilted maple, brazilian rosewood, i think maybe amboyna burl top panel, brass hinges, a locking system, boveda holder, I'm probably even forgetting some of the upgrades. Currently being seasoned with boveda packs after shooting this photo, and my smart sensor calibrated as you can see below (I will be doing the 2 step calibration as was recommended here). I can't speak to how well it holds humidity yet since it is currently being seasoned, but the construction seems flawless to the naked eye so I have high hopes-- I know there was some Waxing Moon drama on a different forum but my transaction with him was great, I have no complaints and he finished my humidor ahead of schedule.

I just can't thank you guys enough. I don't even know if the bomb is over, but already I have a nice chunk of leaves to throw in this new wooden box. This place is the complete opposite of every other forum on the internet in terms of how welcoming it is, and I think apesmokes put it well with his handwritten note when he said "we're all nuts".

Look forward to contributing more in the future! Since I'm too scared to order cubans online I won't be filing too too much of this bad boy up until June when I travel to Ireland for a bike trip with my wife and I have been told I should visit James Fox Cigars in Dublin to bring a few boxes home to throw in this thing so gotta save some room.

Thanks again guys!

View attachment 111607 View attachment 111608
Welcome! And Congrats on the fantastic smacking and that gorgeous humidor! Love it!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It is a bit unusual to brutalize a newbie like this (except Glassman) ,but it just worked out that way.
We had fun,you had fun,and no animals were harmed in the making of this documentary.......( well, Apesmokes' feelings were a bit "tweaked" when I asked him to watch a tracking # for me and it took out his mailbox)....:arghh:

and Coincrazed should be able to feed himself again in a few weeks.........:nurse:
.85035c81-15b9-4714-afc9-672c0589c327-large16x9_download87.jpg

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It is a bit unusual to brutalize a newbie like this (except Glassman) ,but it just worked out that way.
We had fun,you had fun,and no animals were harmed in the making of this documentary.......( well, Apesmokes' feelings were a bit "tweaked" when I asked him to watch a tracking # for me and it took out his mailbox)........View attachment 111620