What's new

HELP: Cohiba maduro 5 genios feedback?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone have first hand experience tasting these babies? My concern about these is that I'm typically NOT a big fan of non-Cuban maduro wrappers because they end up being fairly one dimensional (for a lack of a better sophisticated description). I'm usually bored because they lack change in the cigar (in general). Does that make sense?

I'm unfamiliar with Cuban maduro wrappers. Thoughts on this specific cigar appreciated!
:cbig:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
When on they're like smoking Ovaltine! Dusty cocoa powder goodness. When they're off more like no change Charlie. Genios is my favorite size.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So how is the flavor profile compared to non-habano maduros from Honduras, DR, Nicaragua, etc?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I was trying to say there flat some times with some decent leather notes but no change in profile. (only a few I've had) Most of the time they are one of my favorite sticks for being so different then many other Maduros. I'm a Nic whore many days and maduros as well. But the Coh 5 line sometimes gives me that richness and chocolate flavors with out a ton of boldness and strength. Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
The wrapper does not have the same peppery strength of NC. But it is a creamy, cocoa goodness. I would agree that the taste profile is understated (and thats a good thing), but the complexity is there. These are one of my favourite regular productin CC right now, although among many.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Anyone have first hand experience tasting these babies? My concern about these is that I'm typically NOT a big fan of non-Cuban maduro wrappers because they end up being fairly one dimensional (for a lack of a better sophisticated description). I'm usually bored because they lack change in the cigar (in general). Does that make sense?

I'm unfamiliar with Cuban maduro wrappers. Thoughts on this specific cigar appreciated!
:cbig:
They are one of my favorites, pretty decent ROTT then they need some rest, I get plenty of flavor profile and prefer this size over the other two, Though I do stock a few boxes of the secretos for their size being a quicker smoke. Hard to find at a decent price now.

I am very anxious to see how they do in a few years, my guess is they will get way better!

Good Luck!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I've never had one and always wanted to try...Well I just got my first one in a box pass. I've been wanting to fire it up but I keep passing it up for something else. I really need to smoke it and let you know.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never had one and always wanted to try...Well I just got my first one in a box pass. I've been wanting to fire it up but I keep passing it up for something else. I really need to smoke it and let you know.
This morning would be a good time! Get to it! :crackwhip

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are one of my favorites, pretty decent ROTT then they need some rest, I get plenty of flavor profile and prefer this size over the other two, Though I do stock a few boxes of the secretos for their size being a quicker smoke. Hard to find at a decent price now.

I am very anxious to see how they do in a few years, my guess is they will get way better!

Good Luck!
What is ROTT?

How do these compare to the Padron Maduros?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The wrapper does not have the same peppery strength of NC. But it is a creamy, cocoa goodness. I would agree that the taste profile is understated (and thats a good thing), but the complexity is there. These are one of my favourite regular productin CC right now, although among many.
What's "NC"? Sorry, not up with the abbreviations yet!

I got a line on getting a box, but hate to commit without trying. But hate to miss a chance too! Just wanted to get an idea from those who have tried these.

I love the Padron 1964 maduros. Are the Cohiba maduros just smoother and more coco and not as full bodied as Padrons?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
What's "NC"? Sorry, not up with the abbreviations yet!

I got a line on getting a box, but hate to commit without trying. But hate to miss a chance too! Just wanted to get an idea from those who have tried these.

I love the Padron 1964 maduros. Are the Cohiba maduros just smoother and more coco and not as full bodied as Padrons?
I don't know if you can get much smoother IMO then Padron Annys lol. But I would say just as complex and much easier on the tummy! They're just a smooth smoke with tons of great dusty cocoa flavors with such a great complexity to them.